F150 A arms

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
My friend and I are going to start building my a arms on my f150. Going to be 6" per side wider. The bottom arm is going to use the stock pivot points. For the upper we are going to make a J arm. Everything will be heimed. Everything is going to be boxed in. Going to run a uniball instead of the ball joint. Going to heim the steering and going to run a King coil over w/ an airbump w/ limit straps. Does this sound good for a set up? Trying to get around 15" of travel, i wouldn't complain if i got more. Does anyone have any pics of there set up as far as a arm mounting? Any help will be great. thanks Jason

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jason-

Good luck on the construction of your front suspension.

The setup you're describing sounds similar to what Buff and Kevin at H&M Motorsports have done for the "new" F-150's.

Their "kit" features TOTALLY custom tubular a-arms, custom BOXED and PLATED lowers, and a TOTALLY custom fabbed spindle (utilizing a vertical mounted uniball. In addition to all of this, they have a killer set of billet machined tie-rods, all connected with hiems.

This configuration allows for a 2.5" Coilover AND Bypass shock per wheel. OR you could go with a single 3".

The H&M setup will achieve 17" of WT!

If John Bitting still has the pics of the silver F150 from H&M that I provided to him, I will ask him to post them again for your viewing pleasure.

Again, good luck with your project. But if you want a setup that is GUARANTEED to give you the 15+ inches of travel you're looking for - Then go with H&M Motorsports. Buff and Kevin have done their homework, their work is outstanding, and their quality is outrageous.

Later!

Tony B.

Ryno

Reaction
Jason-

Tony said it right. H&M has done their homework, and their quality is insane. I used to stop by the shop when I lived down there, they were building the ranger. WOW. I dunno what it costs for the kit, but the craftsmanship and quality and second to none.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Re: F150 A arms *DELETED*

Post deleted by John_Bitting

polar

Reaction
The John Holmes race truck by H&M was featured in Off Road Magazine Nov 2001 and the article specifically noted the fact that there was no bumpsteer throughout the cycle of the something like 20" of travel. Also I am not too sure what could keep the truck from being competitive?
-POLAR
GO BIG OR GO home....

rdc

Reaction
Ya, I have seen the pics and yes, their kit is just sick. The only problem is I dont have the money to buy the kit. That is why we are fabbing it up ourselves. If I had the money my truck would be there right now, but funds arent as great as what Id like so Im doing what i can, but i dont want to just rig it up. Just trying to get ideas before I jump into it thats all. If anyone has any pics of arms, or j arms or anything that will help out. Please feal free to send me links or pics to racinbaja@hotmail.com thanks again.

Jason

ONEOF2

Reaction
John, we are selling the basic kit kit for 6000.00 installed.This includes one Coilover and one Bumpstop per wheel.Any extras are discussed from there.

rdc

Reaction
Kevin, do u think it would be ok if i set my f150 up with just a 2.5 coil over? I know it will sag over time but im not sure if I have enough to run 3.0's. Going to run air bumps, and i have everything pretty much designed. Also how much are those fenders that you guys are using, i think its the 7" flair? Let me know thanks.

Jason

ONEOF2

Reaction
Jason, your 2.5 coilovers will work, just depending on how hard you drive your truck.We personally like two shocks per wheel(one coilover,one bypass )but not everyone can afford that.For fiberglass prices just call Dave at the shop or E-mail him.

ONEOF2

Reaction
Hello jesse,truck has had some problems......... terribles 250 -dnf motor problems,baja 500 dnf-motor problems,baja 1000 dnf- hit booby trap bent rear housing and broke 40 spline axle.truck is for sale owners are out of funds.Hopefully new owner will buy a 4.5l engine,please!

michael

Reaction
This is not a Ford, but the concept should be similar.

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

Motorider

Reaction
I know I am pulling up an old thread, but I was looking at H&amp;M's website for the F-150 and they say for their kit it has aluminum upper arms, but all the pics I see are tubular. Has this changed? I seem to remember some pictures of the aluminum arms but can't find them.

Motorider

Reaction
Now that this kit has been out there a little while, anyone have longterm test data they want to share? lol

Ryan_P

Reaction
HNM built a truck that they consider somewhat of a TT status vehicle. Also, Desolate Motorsports runs their kit up front with a c/o and bypass, seems to do very well, along with the new F-150 the just built to run the Baja 1000.

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
I know Buddy Feldcamp has that kit and has 1000's of prerun miles on it with no problems