F150 Brakes

Ziggy

Reaction
I have a 1996 F150 and it is a short course truck.
Anyone upgrade the brakes on one of these?
Would lightening brakes fit?
Open to suggestions please.

Alex Paterson

Reaction
I would guess some companies like Brembo would have made a break up grade for them at one time. It would now depend how much you want to spend. Have you checked to see what Wilwood offers? On my 02 F150 I am running Wilwoods but its on custom spindle and rear axel. Maybe something from a SuperDuty set up? Maybe try Camburg or BMS and see if they have any suggestions.

Alex

randy s

Reaction
i've got a lightning and it's got stock brakes in the front with wilwood rear brakes. both front and rear have 5/8ths studs pressed in. the wilwoods sqeak like crazy but it's not something i can't fix when i get time. stops the truck ok. the stock ford lightning brakes would cost a bundle from ford i would imagine. wilwood has several different ways to go and i'm sure brembo does as well. let us know what you decide on.

Ziggy

Reaction
i've got a lightning and it's got stock brakes in the front with wilwood rear brakes. both front and rear have 5/8ths studs pressed in. the wilwoods sqeak like crazy but it's not something i can't fix when i get time. stops the truck ok. the stock ford lightning brakes would cost a bundle from ford i would imagine. wilwood has several different ways to go and i'm sure brembo does as well. let us know what you decide on.

What year is yours?
I assume it has rear discs also.
Thanks Randy