F150 Spindle Help

gary

here's the problem...
for my friend's 2000 F150, we got a set of used lift spindles. turns out they are an older, discontinued style, made by Bullseye, who is no longer in business. they should have come with a ball joint and/or a ball joint flip kit, as the stock ones won't work. so, we're stuck with spindles that won't fit... already called donahoe, camburg, kartek, cst, fabtech, pro comp, 4wheel parts...no luck. bullseye was bought out by doetsch tech. left a message with them, waiting to hear back....anyone have any ideas for us?

FordFreak

I have a '99 F-150 and installed the same spindles that I got from Camburg and have had no problems. I just hooked up the spindles to the rest of the stock front suspension.

Adam
I only drive trucks...Powered By American Muscle!

gary

"I just hooked up the spindles to the rest of the stock front suspension."

if we're talking about the same spindles, how? the ball joint in the lower arm needs to come out, and go back in, upside down, which i do not believe the stock ones can do...the newer spindles were re-designed to bolt right up, no ball joint modification required. perhaps you have those...

hoeker

"the ball joint in the lower arm needs to come out, and go back in, upside down"

your not serious? or are your?

a balljoint is designed to work in one direction only, this is really scarry!
my minimal knowledge of lift spindles would be that it would bolt on exactly as stock.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Jerry Zaiden

Yes the first Bull's Eye F-150 spindles had this problem. They changed there spindles to work without new ball joints. Mark Newham (sp) was the owner of Bull's Eye but did sell his company. He would change out the Old spindles to the new ones for $100. I don't know if Doestech will do this or not.
If you are the original owner maybe but if you bought them used; second hand then there probably is no warranty.
It sounds like you will not be able to use those spindles because Bulls Eye made that ball joint. Your only luck is if Doestech will take care of you. Good luck!

DougM

So is Doestch Tech making all the spindles in their foundry now as Marks (Bullseye) company I know made them from ProComp, Fabtech, etc and then all the companies just rebadged them as their product.

gary

"your not serious? or are your?

a balljoint is designed to work in one direction only, this is really scarry!
my minimal knowledge of lift spindles would be that it would bolt on exactly as stock."

i didn't design 'em, just trying to help put them in...

RDC CLASSIFIED SHOPPERS BEWARE...some sellers are not honest...the guy who sold these to me said they just came off his truck, and they bolted right up, no extra work required....and i did ask if everything i needed was included...
something tells me he bought them used, couldnt install, and passed 'em along to me....

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Definitly beware...a C4 was in the classifieds as "all new and rebuilt, never installed since" and it was blown up when the guy put it in. The guy it happened to was the one asking all the questions about C4s a while back....I would be pissed. It also seems that most of those ads are posted by people who do not post on this board.

You should call the guy up and ask him to come install them since they fit right up...I would!
Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

gary

FOR SALE
matching paper weights...
or book ends...
or door stops...
or boat anchors...
or pair of bullseye spindles...collector's edition..for display only

anybody ever been to small claims court, an`/or know anything about it? my friend who actually paid for them is seriously considering it...seeing as the guy did flat out lie about them..misrepresentation? or something like that...he's got a lawyer friend who's sposed to possibly help him on it...

any of you shop owners wanna make them a display pair, and swap 'em for good ones? c'mon, help a brother out....

hoeker

i was wondering what was up with that trans swap, he never let us know when he got it working. sucks to be taken like that.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
He took it to Culhane and Culhane told him it was a pre 70s which is not as good as 70s and on...and the original seller said it was a mid 70s. Culhane also said 3rd gear was burned up and he needed a valve body. I think Culhane gave him a good deal though...I think the whole swap after all said and done cost him about 3 grand +!!!! and over a month.

I bought his(the guy who got ripped off) old 5 speed that got swapped out and it is in great condition and he even threw in the driveshafts for an extra $20...I had the transmission gone through and all that went in was an input bearing and that is just cuz I requested it...so it is too bad an honest guy got taken by some worthless a-hole!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

It was working all right until I shifted into 3rd on the 57 coming back from the baja shop that built the removeable crossmember. Then it reved to the ceiling. It is still at culhane trans shop, I dropped it off right before san felipe and he had 15 trans. to build for that race. Hopefully getting it back fri. Only thing reuseable was the case, it will have a reverse pattern now and should be able to handle a 302 if I go that route.

P.s. I got logged off and didnt know the password. Kris glad that the trans worked out good for you.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

drtdevil93

hey singlehanded, i heard ben lost to a honda the other night!!! i find that hard to believe, is it true?

erik

singlehanded

Ya, they ran straight up and he said the honda pulled by him at the end. Must have been a 10 second honda- and it only had a turbo no nos. Ben is all pissed.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

gary

after 2 months of phone calls, the guy who sold us the spindles bought them back for original price, this weekend at ROR.
now guess what pops up in the classifieds.....he neglects to mention that they will not fit onto the truck they are designed for without the missing parts....he did lower the price...
look out, folks.....