• Forum membership has its advantages....

F2000 Becomes a Fuelie on SCORE Journal (Video)

aiiraciing

? for you, a few years ago(2009/2010'ish) I saw the F2000 stuck in the corner collecting dust at Granatelli and was told the truck was being converted over to FI. Did the conversion take 5-6 years?

It is an awesome truck. Beyond the owner, John, several people have been involved in its build. In my opinion the greatest contributor being Glen Straightiff, our partner in Agile Off-Road. Glen is a very talented builder and friend to the owner. They have built something special over the last 10 years.

Dirty Harry

I was actually thinking about the F2000 when I was at Dakar, with regards to styling. Most TTs have swoopy fiberglass fenders, where the F2000 has flares but the entire fender doesn't bulge out. This seems to be a common look on trucks at Dakar.

John Bitting

Administrator
It is an awesome truck. Beyond the owner, John, several people have been involved in its build. In my opinion the greatest contributor being Glen Straightiff, our partner in Agile Off-Road. Glen is a very talented builder and friend to the owner. They have built something special over the last 10 years.
Wish they would finish up something even more special that has been sitting entirely too long. (that stretched blazer that is being neglected). If you want to give it to me I can get it finished in say five years. ha ha

mattb

Wish they would finish up something even more special that has been sitting entirely too long. (that stretched blazer that is being neglected). If you want to give it to me I can get it finished in say five years. ha ha
John- Where's your old truck? Wasn't it a Blazer?

John F2000

? for you, a few years ago(2009/2010'ish) I saw the F2000 stuck in the corner collecting dust at Granatelli and was told the truck was being converted over to FI. Did the conversion take 5-6 years?
The Answer is yes and no. Yes it took 5-6 years mostly waiting, but actually only took several months of actual work once the fabricators could concentrate on the truck. In the end, James lin came in and made a beautiful wiring harness cleaning up the project and got us running.

Hendricus

Good looking truck! Those two photos are beautiful. Love the 50% transparent fenders.

I always thought it would be cool to create a modernize custom kit for the K5 Blazer. Again, retain elements of the original design, but modernize it. Make it a full front-end/hood/fender kit - think Camaro & Mustang.

As for the boxy rear of the K5's, I would want to do something here too, but I don't know how you could do it without spending a million dollars to reshape the rear-end components. This is where my idea dies.

Hendricus

Those wheels and tires would make any truck look good, maybe even a Prius. Well okay, maybe not a Prius.

John F2000

Good looking truck! Those two photos are beautiful. Love the 50% transparent fenders.

I always thought it would be cool to create a modernize custom kit for the K5 Blazer. Again, retain elements of the original design, but modernize it. Make it a full front-end/hood/fender kit - think Camaro & Mustang.

As for the boxy rear of the K5's, I would want to do something here too, but I don't know how you could do it without spending a million dollars to reshape the rear-end components. This is where my idea dies.

Thanks,

Ramsey's Blazer is just that. Great looking truck, can't wait to see it when its done.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Gotta get some shocks on that bad boy John!!

Absolutely love that truck!! Cant wait to see the latest project!