• Forum membership has its advantages....

F2000 featured in SEMA Battle of the Builders tonight 7:00/10:00pm pac/eastern

John F2000

SEMA Battle of the Builders Premiers tonight 7:00pm pacific 10:00 pm eastern on Velocity Network, featuring the F2000 and a beautiful Chevy Colorado pre-runner representing the off-road community in a heavy hotrod and import line up.

Bud Brutsman of BCII the producer of the show is an off-road enthusiast having raced SCORE and now producing the televised SCORE events. Great if we can tune in and support a nice guy and fellow off-roader.

Battle of the Builders Trailer

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

baja619

The Colorado you speak of... I am going to assume it may have been this build?

In the Go Pro Booth... This Colorado was over the top. Totally fabbed from the ground up by a credible hot rodding customizing company in Chicago (The Roadster Shop I think).

I dont know what the Chicago boys know about off road but I am not gonna bash em for giving it a very good shot. A few things here and there I would change (like the ridiculous track width and corresponding mammoth mouth nose ) or maybe the off road trail will change it for them. I know I would never put that tailgate drop in there cause it will not help getting the 37" BFG Baja Tire out of that bed. Other than that it looks like it was built very well and capable. Perhaps its perfect for a bit of beach duning around lake Michigan or something.

No matter what, it will be dropping panties wherever the road or trails take it.

aiiraciing

Did you spend any time looking around the Roadster Shop Colorado? I did, and IMO it's not driveable, the cage is way to close to the driver/co-driver seats up front and the rear seats aren't useable due to zero leg room.

On Saturday morning we went load up our car and the truck was still in the empty parking lot of the SLS(can't upload onto RDC), so I got to spend a lot of time under the truck with no one around, it was very well layed out under neither the truck thought. Plus it was nice to see all the fenders be hand built and not fiberglass

baja619

Did you spend any time looking around the Roadster Shop Colorado? I did, and IMO it's not driveable, the cage is way to close to the driver/co-driver seats up front and the rear seats aren't useable due to zero leg room....it was very well layed out under neither the truck thought. Plus it was nice to see all the fenders be hand built and not fiberglass
I totally agree on all accounts. Craftsmanship & finish work is top notch and high end!!
Poor platform :(

baja stu

It was a nice show but the outcome was disappointing. That 33 Ford was mediocre at best. The show didn't even showcase anything spectacular about the 33 except for a few minor details, ( more room in the passenger compartment and modified fenders).

aiiraciing

Zero reason why Bobby's 33 was in the top 5, let alone top 10. And how Ring Brother's Carbon Fiber Mustang wasn't in the top 3 is beyond me. We got to uncover the car the night before the car was shown to the public

Attachments

BajaFand

The Chevy bubble top was by far the nicest, most well done car there. None of the top 3 were impressive at all. I can only figure the foose impala won the Riddler award because it says Foose on it.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

baja619

More street cred coming from SEMA on the F2000.

If only they could get a real taste by going for a ride. What up Yeiser. Im next... :)

This Truck Was Bought for $2,000 in Quarters—See It Now

If Ford brought back the ’69 F-100, what would it look like? This was the inspiration behind John Yieser’s F-2000 that landed a spot in the Top 21 of the 2015 SEMA Battle of the Builders Competition. Sponsored by Hella Inc., Yieser purchased the vehicle for $2,000 in quarters more than 10 years ago, and has since transformed it into the perfect blend for both the hot-rod and off-road lover.

The Battle of the Builders competition, which took place during the 2015 SEMA Show, was open exclusively to builders with a display, feature or booth vehicle at the Show, bringing together the most talented builders and customizers in the country. With nearly 300 vehicles entered in the competition, this F-2000 stood out among the rest, earning itself a spot among the top 21.

Check out this video to learn more about this build, and visit ourYouTube channel to see similar videos.

New to the 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders is the introduction of the Young Guns category—open to builders under the age of 35—and the Open Division category—available to all builders in all market segments.

For more information and to enter the competition, visit www.semaignited.com.

breazy

I don't know about you guys and maybe its the alignment(or lack thereof) or camera angle, but the suspension design on that colorado appears to have some serious design flaws with regards to ackerman. I'd be curious to see the bump steer as it cycles through its motion as well.

baja619

I think most on here concur. A lot of time $$$$$ and effort went into a decent build but on a poor choice of a platform to turn it into to something that is far from ever going to be.

John F2000

More street cred coming from SEMA on the F2000.

If only they could get a real taste by going for a ride. What up Yeiser. Im next... :)

This Truck Was Bought for $2,000 in Quarters—See It Now

If Ford brought back the ’69 F-100, what would it look like? This was the inspiration behind John Yieser’s F-2000 that landed a spot in the Top 21 of the 2015 SEMA Battle of the Builders Competition. Sponsored by Hella Inc., Yieser purchased the vehicle for $2,000 in quarters more than 10 years ago, and has since transformed it into the perfect blend for both the hot-rod and off-road lover.

The Battle of the Builders competition, which took place during the 2015 SEMA Show, was open exclusively to builders with a display, feature or booth vehicle at the Show, bringing together the most talented builders and customizers in the country. With nearly 300 vehicles entered in the competition, this F-2000 stood out among the rest, earning itself a spot among the top 21.

Check out this video to learn more about this build, and visit ourYouTube channel to see similar videos.

New to the 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders is the introduction of the Young Guns category—open to builders under the age of 35—and the Open Division category—available to all builders in all market segments.

For more information and to enter the competition, visit www.semaignited.com.

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen the latest Sema news release. It was actually quarters and one dollar bills in two sacks:)