Fab Horror Stories

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Website
www.e-thug.net
I'm not trying to get people to start talking about everyone else so I'm leaving names out of this post.

Around a year ago my friend purchased a 1986 F-150 4WD, std. cab, V8. It had bald 35's, a 4" drop bracket lift, and custom radius arms. It had a weldtec bumper but I we don't know where the radius arm were built. He picked it up for $3,500 and since he was still in high school he took it to the dirt within the first couple hours. He hit a ditch and the radius arm bent. About a week later he decided to let a local guy weld up some radius arms for $500, a pack of cigarettes, and a 12 pack of beer. My friend moved to Long Beach to go to college. Last month, he was parking on one of the streets on LB and this is what happened:
welds.jpg

Just trying to tell people that you get what you pay for.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Your friend did not even get what he paid for. That is the nastiest radius arm I have ever seen. It looks like the bends were done with the Harbor Freight bottle jack bender.

Matt Amenson

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Ghetto FAB-ulous

"A man with a watch knows what time it is; with two watches, he is never sure" Joseph E. Shigley

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Website
www.dmzfab.com
This is not structural, but was made with a harbor freight bottle jack bender.
6-15307-bumper01.JPG

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red><font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

Attachments

• 6-15307-bumper01.JPG
    6-15307-bumper01.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 140

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
It looks good. A neighbor of mine has a bottle jack bender and it puts these little kinks on the bends similar to the kink on the above radius arm.

Matt Amenson

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
What did your friend do give him the BEER first and the guy forgot to finish welding it...looks pretty bad.