• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fab Horror Stories

TDORSloppy

I'm not trying to get people to start talking about everyone else so I'm leaving names out of this post.

Around a year ago my friend purchased a 1986 F-150 4WD, std. cab, V8. It had bald 35's, a 4" drop bracket lift, and custom radius arms. It had a weldtec bumper but I we don't know where the radius arm were built. He picked it up for $3,500 and since he was still in high school he took it to the dirt within the first couple hours. He hit a ditch and the radius arm bent. About a week later he decided to let a local guy weld up some radius arms for $500, a pack of cigarettes, and a 12 pack of beer. My friend moved to Long Beach to go to college. Last month, he was parking on one of the streets on LB and this is what happened:

Just trying to tell people that you get what you pay for.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Your friend did not even get what he paid for. That is the nastiest radius arm I have ever seen. It looks like the bends were done with the Harbor Freight bottle jack bender.

Matt Amenson

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Ghetto FAB-ulous

"A man with a watch knows what time it is; with two watches, he is never sure" Joseph E. Shigley

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
It looks good. A neighbor of mine has a bottle jack bender and it puts these little kinks on the bends similar to the kink on the above radius arm.

Matt Amenson

What did your friend do give him the BEER first and the guy forgot to finish welding it...looks pretty bad.

TDORSloppy

Yeah the radius arms were done with a bottle jack bender and a Lincoln 110amp welder (flux-core, don't know? Probably) Anyways the truck is all fixed, he got it professionally welded and now he can park his truck without worrying.

Friends don't let friends WELD drunk!