Fabrication for dummys :)

Hey guys so im a newbie looking to start my first build. Im thinking for this one im going to stay with the stock frame for the most part and do minimal modification to mount a long travel kit which works for me bc this is my daily driver. But i want to learn how to do some cool fabrication and eventually do a top to bottom build. You guys have any recommendations for resources to use to learn how to metal work some cool stuff? Im in no rush but im in auto tech school so idk if taking any fabrication courses will be available in the future. I have 4 kids so im already pushing it with going to school for auto tech and taking all my time on that

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Josh 8

The way I learned was to start buying expensive tools and committing sins to innocent metal.

Stay in tech school. You’ll learn right from wrong there but skill comes from the above route.

The way I learned was to start buying expensive tools and committing sins to innocent metal.

Stay in tech school. You’ll learn right from wrong there but skill comes from the above route.
Lol thats what i was thinking i was going to do. First up- buy expensive tools. Next- commit sins to innocent metal lol I'm going to take my dodge and make it a badass off-road machine on the stock frame and keep that as my daily driver. Then after i get some experience im going to fab a frame and build a badass 3/4 dodge ram runner

i would buy a cheap daily driver so you are not rushed on your project.
good luck
Yeah i think im going to do that when i really get into the meat of the build. When i rebuild the engine i think im going to buy a junkyard 5.7 and rebuild that so i can just swap it over the weekend and then ill have another 5.7 i can rebuild and either sell or keep for another rig

jon coleman

top guys mostly started w- buzz box, peanut grinder.& a chop saw.plus a good drill. i had a milwaukee half in .'wrist snapper' .doing whatever fab for everyone.my buddy who built my last rig started like that , worked at a muffler shop , then finnally endend up at the top at jimco. it takes time, but mostly Patience!, metal work(quality) cannot be rushed, plus it can be dangerous.so learn from books and hands on.& build on