fabtech lifts... (?)

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
fabtech's 7.5 ultimate longtravel kit... is it bad news?
i have a 2002 ford f-150 supercab.
i wont be beating on it that bad, but i dont want to be having problems with it.. tell me what you think..
thanks...

www.bitchslapindustries.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Powdercoat it black and don't take it in the dirt and you will be fine. Otherwise you will get "bitchslapped " by it.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

SDranger

Reaction
As far as bolt on lifts go, i hear that the rancho is pretty good b/c it has the one peice subframe. I think id rather have that than a fabtech lift-yuck.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

DPpatrol

Reaction
paint it black and don't tell anyone what it is. I had black fabtech uppers on my old yota, and other than the fact that they were fabtech they were fine. plus i got them dirt cheap.

jason

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
If Fabtech is what your budget allows go for it. Its not all that bad or they would not sell the piss out of it. I ran it on my chevy for awhile. Just dont go with max lift coil or you will strain your balljoints, the smaller coil and it will ride fine. Then when the budget allows to go a little more crazy and you feel you need to go more extreme then go with a custom setup..

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

Donahoe

Reaction
Nothing wrong with Fabtech... Just make sure you run a differnt shock then the ones they supply Like a Bilstien... It will change the whole thing for the Better. And run a set of limet straps.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
i think im going to stay away from fabtech.. just seems that there's more no....'s & eh...'s.
i'd like to take it down to h&m drop off the key's & say call me when its done but, its just not in the budget. how do all the other lifts compare to each other & how to they hold up if you beat on them?
for instance... i've heard alot of good things about rcd, but does it hold up?
thanks for your help...
later.

www.bitchslapindustries.com

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
RCD and Rancho make great kits for your truck. But if you want long travel go with H&M. As for the Fabtech long travel kit it only gets 6" of travel. Our upper arm kit gives 8".

scott

Reaction
If your not beating on it then don't worry.... As far as the painting it black thats a must....Powercoating is too good though, its all about the rattlecan....

Tyson

Reaction
My Camburg long travel kit is rattle canned BLACK, but only cause it didnt come powdered coated grey like all their other kits. . .guess I shoulda had them put it on huh, then maybe it woulda been done right the first time. Oh well.