• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fabtech

Volcom1095

what is wrong with fabtech anyways? i here alot of [censored] talkin about them but i here no physical facts i really need to know cause my dad has a 2000 chevy Z71 and is looking for a nice lift to fit some 35 inch tires on it he heard fabtech just came out with a 6" lift for his truck and was asking me about it and i told him i heard bad things about them but i couldn't support what i said so i think he is going with them. Are they truly a bad company or is it just that they dont build custom fab parts that give you alot of travel this truck is also just for looks not a race truck so honostly whats with fabtech are they good or bad/

PS he recently had a Superlift 6" lift on it and took it to mexico for the first time and the front end colapsed the shocks blew and the shock towers broke so I recomond NOT using superlift

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
If it's just for looks then it's fine, but I have seen way too rough of a ride out of their products. I have had trouble with the quality of Fabtech parts. I had an upper control arm and a coil break under not so extreme conditions. I do not recommend Fabtech for anything other than looks. Then again there is a "custom" fab shop that is supposed to do bitchin work and is quite celebrated on this site that I do NOT recommend either as a few of you probably know.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

blind655

I have the CST arms on my suburban they work very well and I have never had a problem. I don't really have any experience with their 4x4 stuff, but I would think its nice.. I would look in to them

Later
Mike

TRDshaunTRD

There is nothing wrong with fabtech for you application. I would actually say that they would be the best choice for your dad. Also, calif supertrucks does do great work from what I have seen but I have not actually experienced them for myself.

Ryno

Volcom-

CST builds the best lift for the new Silverados. One piece subframe, and a new front shaft. Everything on that lift is quality. Quality comes with a price. I think the lift goes for 2600. So, after tires and rims, alignment, xtras...looking about 5-6k. But they stand behind their work, and I have never seen one of their lifts break yet.

Ryno

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I jsut got abck from a little get together and a buddy of mine has a Fabtech kit on his brand new silverado. The truck never sees off road and it has 36's on it. He was drivin down the freeway and the balljoint set up they have going sheared and the wheel came into the fender...ruined the fender and wheel $1500 to get the truck back to good condition and lucky nobody was inthe next lane or it would ahve been totaled. Just another reason I am against Fabtech suspension components.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Ryno

RCD makes a nice looking kit, but CST is still better. You can't run 35's on the RCD without cranking the bars either. Cranking the torsions does wonders to ball joints, CV boots and axles, toe rod ends, etc. Also makes you align the truck every 6 months, or deal with tires that wear really funny. Why noy put the $$$$ into a better lift, rather than replacing parts, when you could be out there having fun with your truck, rather than being at home fixing it.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Hey, they have the ability to adjust your "toe".

Kris

If you wanted a steak you shouldn't have went to McDonald's!

Tim

Re: Fabtech, being disco

here's some extreme fabtech disco! whew! fine on the street I guess...

Quick_Prerunner

If you look at a FabTech equiped truck coming at you going over bumps you would see why alot of people don't like them. Basically you would see the wheels changing camber, toe, caster, and whatever else you can imagine. Basically they just don't put that much time into making the wheel travel, "good usuable travel". Also the way they advertise it, it makes the person who's buying it think they can just bolt it on in one weekend and go overall at the Baja 1000. When in reality it just breaks. Their geometry is off, this is backed by the fact that alot of the chevy kits bust ball joints. Also alot of people around my neibhorhood anyway, have a fabtech lift and they're reving at me suggesting they want to race me. My truck has coilovers in the front, long travel suspension 62in. deaver race pack in the rear with King bypasses. So you can imagine the look on my face when these guys do this. It's pathetic. Sorry, I had to blow off some steam there. Anyway, just my observations.

Mike