• Forum membership has its advantages....

Factory power windows and door locks on prerunner build.

SICK BAJA

Need some help or referrals on a wiring person that can sort out and wire up the doors.
I've been told there's door modules and maybe a chassis module for 2012 Chevy crewcab prerunner that i'm having built. I have the complete wiring harness exiting the doors and the doors are complete.
What i want is for it all to work like factory. Driver's door can control windows and door locks for all doors and also the power mirrors.
Anyone with experience with this or know someone with the know how?

Thanks in advance

53687130_10213402097629162_3307123649688895488_n.jpg

Need some help or referrals on a wiring person that can sort out and wire up the doors.
I've been told there's door modules and maybe a chassis module for 2012 Chevy crewcab prerunner that i'm having built. I have the complete wiring harness exiting the doors and the doors are complete.
What i want is for it all to work like factory. Driver's door can control windows and door locks for all doors and also the power mirrors.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 199687

Thanks in advance

View attachment 199687

Thanks in advance

View attachment 199687

Thanks in advance

View attachment 199687
all you will need is a bunch of relays and a multi-meter

with the meter, continuity test the lock/unlock switch. one wire will be common, one will be lock and one will be unlock.

you will need a relay for lock another for unlock, for each door. there should be two wires from the lock motor. one wire will go to the lock relay and the other to the unlock relay.

it the same for power window....one relay for up and one for down for each door.

SICK BAJA

all you will need is a bunch of relays and a multi-meter

with the meter, continuity test the lock/unlock switch. one wire will be common, one will be lock and one will be unlock.

you will need a relay for lock another for unlock, for each door. there should be two wires from the lock motor. one wire will go to the lock relay and the other to the unlock relay.

it the same for power window....one relay for up and one for down for each door.
That's one way, hoping to stay away from a bunch of relays just hoping someones done it before either way. Save me a bunch of time, I don't have the time or patience to do myself.

SICK BAJA

i agree....relays suck! put a PDM in it and let it take care of these functions.
I am going with PDM but dont think they'll handle the logic that the stock units are doing. Whos knows , just hoping someone has tackled this already.

depends on what PDM. the key being the PDM has to be capable of reverse polarity outputs.....something Motec doesn't do. however just about every PDM has inputs from buttons.....so you would wire your lock or window button to a PDM input to trigger an output. you could use a Motec PDM to do this but would still require a relay to reverse the polarity of a motor. also gives you the ability to incorporate these functions into a keypad.

Crusty Shellback

Why not just use a stock factory harness to do the job? You can cut out what wires/ functions you don't need. better than reinventing the wheel.

06dak287

The interior control module is just a "smart, mini box" full of relays.

We just get the bcm (body control module) and pull the wiring diagram from alldata or a Haynes book and just pin out the functions you need. Leave the rest for sake of cleanliness.

SICK BAJA

The interior control module is just a "smart, mini box" full of relays.

We just get the bcm (body control module) and pull the wiring diagram from alldata or a Haynes book and just pin out the functions you need. Leave the rest for sake of cleanliness.
Well, thats what i hoping for. Looking for someone whos already done it to get that out of the way. So i can save some time when i have the whole truck wired up. It'.s not something im going to do or have the time for. Thats why finding someone to do this sub system would be great