fake cashiers check

fabtoys

Reaction
WATCH OUT ! IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FORSALE AND SOME SMUCK WANTS TO BUY FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY W/ A USA BANK CASHIERS CHECK. AND WILL MAKE IT FOR MORE THAN YOUR ITEM FOR SALE AND CUT HIM A CHECK FOR THE DIFFERENCE. ITS A SCAM . ALMOST HAPPEN TO ME ON A QUAD I HAVE .THE JERKOFF SCAMMER REPLIED TO AN AD I HAD IN OFFROAD.COM THE CHECK SHOWED UP W/ FEDEX BY HAD MISSPELLED STUFF ON THE CHECK. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOUR SELLING THEY JUST WANT THE CASH DIFFERENCE YOU SEND THEM BACK.WATCH OUT FOR ADRIS ABUBAKAR IN LOGOS NIGERIA AND A MR MAROSE AND JOHN WOOD AND CASHIERS CHECKS FROM FIRST VIRGINIA BANK. IF SOMEON E WANTS YOUR ITEM FOR SALE HAVE THEM WIRE YOU THE MONEY OR STRAIGHT TO YOUR BANK. BE PARANOID IF IT SOUNDS TO GO TO BE TRUE IT'S PROBABLY FAKE!

86 x cab 4x4 short course w/c/o w/ 4 link
99 dodge ram 2500 cummins w/ 37" mtr

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
what about going through something similar to Paypal when selling/buying items?

<font color=orange>CU OFRD
Ah...so many pedestrains, so little time </font color=orange>

hoeker

Reaction
another thing i learned when i sold my last race truck. a certified bank check can have a stop payment orederd on it. they are not as good as cash like most think they are.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

ESB4130

Reaction
oh yeah. had a guy in Africa (yeah right) tyring to buy my motor off of me....i took the check to a bank to have them look at it....cuz the whole deal was suspicious. what a joke!

UndercoverFab

Reaction
kinda off topic but paypal has had alot of problems in the past, they`d have a malfunction with a deposit and not only would those funds be frozen but everything elsein your bank account(s) to, its hell when all your money is frozen for 3 weeks, a few months ago ebay bought paypal and billpiont but i hear they still have some problems.

UndercoverFab

Reaction
not all oversea`s transactions are bad, i`ve sold alot of used drag racing parts to people from the UK, say the final price is 800$ well they`ll take that as 800 in british pounds which is worth a little more then an american dollar so you get a little more for the part, this happens more often then not and everyone i`ve dealt with was more then happy to pay the amount they sent, i guess my point is beware of your transactions but dont just go and blow someone off because their foriegn.

oh yeah dont go around ripping them off either tell them before you cash whatever form of payment they sent is wrong, scam artists suck!

ESB4130

Reaction
ive definetly had overseas stuff go well. the ticket is to do wire transfer from bank to bank. if they cant agree to sending stuff that way...its not worth doin business with them.

yamadog77

Reaction
<font color="red"> I had the exact same thing happen to me! I had a yamaha 426 for sale, and this guy from europe wanted to send me a check for more, and send my bike and the remainder of the money back, I knew somethin was up, now I know for sure! watch out!
</font color>

Littlenutts

Reaction
Yup! A supposed doctor from South Africa tried to buy my 250. Same b.s. took it to the bank and check was trash. I printed out all of the emails and took the check to the Man. I had 4 phone #'s for the prick I hope they get him. -Dick!

BlueCoyote

Reaction
Just got tonite as well..

<font color="red"> Hello,
I saw your ad for this 35x12.50x15 Pathfinder AT's mounted on Gambler 15x8.5
6 ) , i am willing tk buy but you will have to assist me by arranging the
shipment to Lagos Nigeria West Africa and i will pay all cost inclussive of
the shipping to this destination.
I will arange to pay you off by Money order or certified bank check.

Please reply if we have a deal.
</font color>

Gonna play along and get some info...

beamdream

Reaction
ME TOO MAN!!! This dude was an purchaser for people overseas and was willing to pay $1000 for a set of Perrys front fenders and then asked what I did for a living! I replied WTF does that matter....Im sellnig you a pair of fenders?! Sounded to good to be true.

RicherRacing

Reaction
We got an e-mail as well this past week. A guy in West Africa wanted to purchase our LT kit for 97-03 F-150's and he was all amped on it. He told us that he would have his courier send a cashiers check for $8000 and that we were to take only what was needed. We would then have to forward the differenec in money back to the dude. I'm glad we caught this before we lost a lot of money!

motoxscott

Reaction
I get emails all the time from some guy in indonesia asking to buy King shocks, and other high dollar stuff.

jeff

Reaction
We get that crap almost everyday now. I tell them if they want to send a courier with a stack of $100.00 bills I'd be happy to do business with them and that usually shuts them up. It's a pretty obvious scam but I guess some people want to make a sale so bad they'll put reality on hold and actually do business with these people. Dumb.

Aloha

ESB4130

Reaction
yeah. the deal with the motor ended up being totally fake. i think its all the same guys..cuz the posts you guys are putting up of thier emails all sounds the same...."forward me back the remaining money, just take what you need...." etc. no trusting people from africa anymore. wire transfer only

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Received from one of our classifieds readers.:

"I WAS RECENTLY CONTACTED VIA E-MAIL FROM A PERSON IN THE UK. HE WANTED TO BUY MY MOTORCYCLE ADVERTISED HERE ON THIS SITE. HE PROCEEDED TO SEND ME A CASHIER'S CHECK VIA FED-EX FOR OVER THE SELL AMOUNT OF THE BIKE BY $3,600. I WAS TO WIRE THE DIFFERENCE TO HIS 'SHIPPING AGENT'. THIS IS A SCAM***BEWARE*** USE A GOOGLE OR WEBCRAWLER SEARCH ENGINE AND TYPE IN 'CASHIER CHECK FRAUD' OR 'NIGERIA FRAUD' AND READ ALL THE DIFFERENT BUT SIMILIAR STORIES. HIS NAME HE USED WAS 'JOHN SCOTT'. "

billymanfroy

Reaction
Why not deposit the check, and if it goes through, KEEP THE MONEY?!? Notice I never said anything about sending your merchandise. You think they'll come after you?

BIlly