• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Fall Crandon 2018

CFreeLV

Looks like the world championships were a success. Hopefully when both series have the same rules package this will become a points weekend for LOORS. The weekends schedule is already packed so who knows if it would be possible. Practice and qualify on Friday, Saturday both series would have their own points races and Sunday would stay the same as today with the East vs West coast world championships and the Cup race.

racefan2041

Looks like the world championships were a success. Hopefully when both series have the same rules package this will become a points weekend for LOORS. The weekends schedule is already packed so who knows if it would be possible. Practice and qualify on Friday, Saturday both series would have their own points races and Sunday would stay the same as today with the East vs West coast world championships and the Cup race.
IF it would be one series next year why would there be a need for a East vs West world championship?

racefan2041

Cause there’s still east coast based and west coast based teams
But if everbody is racing one series they all are going for one championship. Why would you wanna seperate east n west. Everbody been saying they want one series. We may get it. But then you still want east vs west. Dont make sense to me but thats just my opinion.

acers

National series with one set of rules for pros. Like CJ said on the podium, if would be nice to race Keegan with the same truck set up. To me the cup race should only be the fast trucks. Some are out there with no chance because they do not have the budget . Still a fan of unlimited for pro2 and pro4.

National series with one set of rules for pros. Like CJ said on the podium, if would be nice to race Keegan with the same truck set up. To me the cup race should only be the fast trucks. Some are out there with no chance because they do not have the budget . Still a fan of unlimited for pro2 and pro4.
I'd rather see an unlimited Pro2 class as well, but you can't argue that the new rules have produced a higher truck count and there was some good racing this year. I like that we now get a dozen or so trucks every round and half of them are capable of winning and another 2-3 could get to the podium on their best days. That said, I'd like to see a minimum speed rule in place to be eligible to participate in Cup races in the years to come.

Deegan seemed in favor of making Pro2 out west a little more spec in one of LOORRS' recent sit-down interview columns and if that'd turn out to the majority of what the West Coast field wants, I'd anticipate this formula makes its way out there at some point.

As a side question - what was with the restart after Scott Voge's rollover where they gave back the Pro2's their gap and not a "normal" restart? Seems like the announce crew didn't even know that was the practice that would be in place.

acers

I'd rather see an unlimited Pro2 class as well, but you can't argue that the new rules have produced a higher truck count and there was some good racing this year. I like that we now get a dozen or so trucks every round and half of them are capable of winning and another 2-3 could get to the podium on their best days. That said, I'd like to see a minimum speed rule in place to be eligible to participate in Cup races in the years to come.

Deegan seemed in favor of making Pro2 out west a little more spec in one of LOORRS' recent sit-down interview columns and if that'd turn out to the majority of what the West Coast field wants, I'd anticipate this formula makes its way out there at some point.

As a side question - what was with the restart after Scott Voge's rollover where they gave back the Pro2's their gap and not a "normal" restart? Seems like the announce crew didn't even know that was the practice that would be in place.
Maybe find some middle ground on pro2,something toyota could run also. I think everyone was surprised with the restart

sb4pro

I’d like to see pro 2 use the “ east coast “ rules and pro 4 use the “ west coast “ as for Prolite maybe meet somewhere in the middle of the two . Pro 4 should be the balls to the wall class and use the other two classes as more a building up class . For instance ( and I hate using nascar as a reference ) Prolite would be the nascar truck series , Pro 2 would be the Xfinity series and Pro 4 would be the Cup series . The Sportsman classes would be like your K&N or Whalen local series .

acers

I’d like to see pro 2 use the “ east coast “ rules and pro 4 use the “ west coast “ as for Prolite maybe meet somewhere in the middle of the two . Pro 4 should be the balls to the wall class and use the other two classes as more a building up class . For instance ( and I hate using nascar as a reference ) Prolite would be the nascar truck series , Pro 2 would be the Xfinity series and Pro 4 would be the Cup series . The Sportsman classes would be like your K&N or Whalen local series .
That would work but I am just old school and like unlimited pro2 . Bottom line is I am good with whatever Lucas comes up with. Short course in the midwest was all but dead for pro4 and pro lite.

CFreeLV

When/if they combine each series into a single schedule then obviously there is no need for an east vs west showdown.

But if everbody is racing one series they all are going for one championship. Why would you wanna seperate east n west. Everbody been saying they want one series. We may get it. But then you still want east vs west. Dont make sense to me but thats just my opinion.

450grl

I agree that the Pro Lites and the Pro 2's are way too similar....the whole point of the new motor package for the Pro Lites was to make it an affordable, crate engine class....that went out the window in about a year. Now they sound like Pro 2's with crappy suspension.....I'd love to see the 4 cylinders back (as a fan).

ltr450rider

I talked with a few people that were "in the know" this weekend about any type of unification, I did not get very good responses on that question, which sucks.

There needs to be a unified series, with unified rules packages for each pro class. I hope the powers at be can throw all the BS and politics out the window and make this happen for the fans. Race teams will adapt to different rules packages, they might complain about it, but they will adapt if they want to race.

sb4pro

I agree that the Pro Lites and the Pro 2's are way too similar....the whole point of the new motor package for the Pro Lites was to make it an affordable, crate engine class....that went out the window in about a year. Now they sound like Pro 2's with crappy suspension.....I'd love to see the 4 cylinders back (as a fan).
Thanks Corry

A few things need to happen before a full on unification happens and that takes time. As a fan, I wish it’d happen sooner as well...I want to see all the best from both series race against one another all the time. But as someone who works in business, “it has to make sense.”

Deegan made a big post on his Instagram this morning with an idea to “save” Pro2 that seems to be getting a lot of support from some of the main Pro2 guys in both series. A common rules package in that class woukd be a great first step.