• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fallon 250 Night Race... Who's Ready?!

y2kbaja

Do you mean the desert tail light or two red tail lights like you'd run on the highway?
Two red tail lights like on the highway. Your brake lights should be dual filament and you should be able to run a lead to it to power them up.

Hey Troy, just a little reminder, when you have time can you throw that chatterbox intercom in with the gear for Fallon, Thanks :D
The chatterbox and other parts that I have are already next to my helmet ready to go. Anybody need a set of spare VW studs and lug nuts?

DONALD MACE

That's what was posted - good to know - thanks for the up date.

Just went back to the vorra web site and on the home page it does say after - but in the forum it said maybe befor - someone needs to get it correct.

y2kbaja

That's what was posted - good to know - thanks for the up date.

Just went back to the vorra web site and on the home page it does say after - but in the forum it said maybe befor - someone needs to get it correct.
Good catch. I didn't see that. I know Wes is out marking course this weekend so we won't get an answer until Monday. The forum post by Wes could just be his way of joking with us. Not really funny though.

osborne

Blew motor at yerrington. Have been working to upgrade engine but having ecu issues. truck will not make it but I'll be there to help.

TRXSonoma

Blew motor at yerrington. Have been working to upgrade engine but having ecu issues. truck will not make it but I'll be there to help.
Hey if you ever need any help with anything let me know. I live in Chico most of the time and usually go to redding a few days a week where my dad has a fab/machine shop.

Ill also be at Fallon in my friends Tundra, spectating.

osborne

Thanks for the offer. I'll be at fallon also to spectate, I'll be in my Chevy 1500 pre-runner. I may get to drive if my buddys back is still hurt. Come by and say Hi. I'll be with 843 class 8 and a silver and green trophy lite.

aaron

1971Ford

yep we plan on lighting the whole track up :D
follow 124, 125 or 24, they have the same light racks :D And they srue do light the place up.
We got the cars done today they just need to be loaded, RR is ready to race!

LoveZRaces

Well I think I'm all ready to go :D ! Contingency is all squared away, just waiting for a few more packages to arrive :cool: ! Christmas in July!! :D:D Yayyyy!

quiksilver

Cell phones are sketchy outside of main pit as far as I remember. The gas line is just far enough from the highway that there isn't good coverage. Or, the chase guy we sent out there didn't have a cell and his handheld went dead so he just stayed there.

Our race radios work great out there. Last year I could hear CP2 on my handheld from SF. The canyons you can't get out of very well and that's usually where the car breaks down.

My XM radio works everywhere on the track though :)
I was at Sand Mountain last weekend, it looked like a new cell tower near Salt Wells and I had full signal on my AT&T phone and my wife as well on her Verizon phone.

frankh

Well as long as some major screw up at work does not happen tomorrow we will be loading up tomorrow night and start the drive up. The elrods have been asking us to come up there so this looks like the chance.

y2kbaja

Jeez Eric, Like bringing up old threads? On FB Jake was dusting off the cob-webs for the 2012 race.

VORRA Night Vision 250 in Fallon is scheduled for Sept 7-8 2012. Same course as usually. Being a 2-day weekend night race tech will be Friday night and Saturday morning with the race starting sometime Saturday afternoon. Let's see how it goes being moved from July to September and not racing on the traditional Labor Day weekend.

9Iron

He'd just mentioned the other day there was a new motor in the truck.
Sounded like some serious power. Hope to see him powering thru the night at Fallon!