Fallon Update and results

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
I was going to try to get back to town for a halfway report, but worked a road crossing.

29 entries, 14 official finishers.

The race was knocked down to 3 laps for 1, 10 and semi-pro. 2 laps for everyone else. Everyone I talked to liked the course. Lots of silt, wild hill climb and descent. About 85 miles total on each lap.

Overall went to Mike Koenig.

9-Creiglow

1-Kordonowy. NOTE-Only finisher in Class 1 and he did it in 8:55. Sam Berri lost the timing belt on the second lap. Berri was smoking too....

7-Koenig

Semi-Pro-Harbor

10-Haas

Matt Taylor destroyed 3 tires when he pulled off a 1.5 rollover. Patty Hayos had to change third members out on the track. Greg Hosmann finished about 30 minutes behind Koenig. Manfroy showed up running, but DNF. Haven't talked to him yet. Class 9 100% finished. 3 in Class 10 DNF out of 8 entries. Class 7 2 finishers out of 7.

Awards ceremony is later at 9pm.

NORCALf150

Reaction
congrats to the lawdogz sounds like you held the spindals together

billymanfroy

Reaction
Unbeleivably, we sucked worse this time than Vegas to Reno!!! Looks like we're still leading the points, though.

Things we replaced in the 2 weeks since V2R:
Brake Master Cylinder :$620
Roof: $340 (don't ask.)
2 Driveshafts: $200
Steering Linkage: $200
Transmission: sponsor
cylinder head (Was spare, now boat anchor ~$100 for fluids, gaskets, etc.)
Air Plenum: $130
2 spare alternators: $300 - The expensive one doesn't fit!
Sprung the rear stiffer as well.
Trans bushing: $25

Fallon race report:
Show up with 4 mins to register and tech.
Find out new alternator doesn't fit.
Stage 7th out of 7. (2 Trucks leave every minute)
Start alone on dragstrip (bye run?!?)
SLOW!!! Spare iron head is very slow.
Pass #707 by MM#1 Catching #754
MM#2: Head blows up at gravel road. Never even made it to the highway. Followers worn & cam scored. We are done.
Tow back to pits and load up.

Miles completed: ~2
Elapsed Time: ~4 minutes.
Money spent: I really don't have the nads to actually add it all up including hotels, towing, beer, etc., but it was over $1,000 per mile which exceeds our previous record (set at V2R 2 weeks ago) of ~$50/mile (134 miles.)

Anyone wanna buy some hot rod 4 cylinder parts for a Ford?!? Real cheap - today only! Don't miss out!! I'll throw in some steeekers or LocosMocos tats.

Big_Rich

Reaction
Actually since 7's and 9's did not run the full race of 3 laps, they can not be considered as overall winners, so with that being siad the actual overall winner was Mike Haas from class 10. though Creiglow (class 9) might have won the Class 1 if he had taken the challange.
Rich

shower

Reaction
Billy,

Sorry I didn't hook up you guys this weekend, but it doesn't look like I missed much. I guess I would have seen about as much as I did at V2R. I promise to catch up with you at Hawthorne. Remember third time is the charm. Later.

-Shawn

billymanfroy

Reaction
Thanks, Shawn! I keep thinking by the time we actually finish one of these things, nobody is going to be willing to help us anymore. We'll keep trying and I hope to see you at Henderson. (I have 1 week per cylinder to get it running...)
Billy

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
Umm, yeah. Maybe next time I'll actually read the results instead of glancing at them like I did Saturday.

J_Dog

Reaction
NorCalF150,
Thanks. The spindles did hold together this time. We had a great race for our first desert event. What a difference compared to the short course. We requested a rear start in our class and were just going to try and finish. We got stuck in a sand wash (a little after RM 15), but thanks to Patty and her co-driver, we managed to get out and on the move again. Almost rolled the truck coming into CP3 (I was going a little fast through a rough section). After CP3, the alternator belts loosened up and we were losing volts about RM 50. We stopped to tighten them while it was running, but when we started to tighten them the load on the engine killed the motor. Doesn't start well with only 8 volts showing on the voltmeter. Kenny Ott (Class 10, #1063) stopped and gave us a jump start and we were off again. Quick stop a CP4 to check the radiator, as the temp. gauge went out, and to the finish. We decided to not make the second lap as it had taken about 4 hrs. 48 mins. to do the firsrt one and it looked like we were going to get a third place out of it. All in all we had an awesome time and want to thank everyone at VORRA for helping us. Looks like we're going to race the Hawthorne event now, too.

patty

Reaction
Jeff-- Congratulations! Great run! -- It was great you finally got to run a desert race and we're looking forward to seeing you in Hawthorne! Tell you we were in the same boat with out Chris Jermon's help we would have been cooked-- The guy went way out of his way and its good people like him that makes rac'n a good day-- no matter how you finish.

J_Dog

Reaction
Patty,
Thanks for posting Chris' name, I could not remember it and did not want to just put "some guy on a motorcycle". Chris was a huge help, as were you and your co-driver. Unfortunately, you broke, but for us it really helped out. Everyone around the race helped us out and that's what Geoff and I love about VORRA. From you guys getting us out of the sand, Kenny Ott giving us a jump start, Mike Koenig giving us helpful race tip/hints, etc. We were very impressed with the professionalism of everyone helping each other even though we are out their to race against each other. If anyone ever needs anything from us they are always welcome to our pit and hopefully we can assist. Otherwise, you can always stop by for a brew.