Faraday/Apex/North Las Vegas

nohandslance

As reported in the Nevada news, Gov. Brian Sandoval will announce Friday, the Electric Car company Faraday, finds home in the Apex area of North Las Vegas.
Have we lost Apex area for any racing, qualifying. Many memories on this plot. Long Live the Gold Coast 250.
Lance

DeRaRa

Great memories of that area. Raced motocross there at an old track that used to be out there 30-35 years ago.

Mark Newhan

It's no coincidence that every "green energy" project encroaches on our open desert areas. They even tried to take Johnson Valley to the Marines, knowing that most off roaders support the military.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
As reported in the Nevada news, Gov. Brian Sandoval will announce Friday, the Electric Car company Faraday, finds home in the Apex area of North Las Vegas.
Have we lost Apex area for any racing, qualifying. Many memories on this plot. Long Live the Gold Coast 250.
Lance
Well there hasn't been much racing there in the last five years and the qualifying area off the gypsum road is now off limits after the fatal accident a year or so ago that was not only not related to off road racing but wasnt even an off roader. Was teenagers drinking on a Saturday night. They no longer allow people on their private road. The area further north seems to depend which way the wind blows if the moapa natives want off road in their land.

The apex area though that is open to off road. Basically where the Blvd and 15 intersect on the west side, I don't believe are effected by this new facility. Recreational riding will still be done out there as it is designated for this use by the county and BLM. I think the plant will be more on the west side of 15 that has been closed off for a few years for most stuff.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions

DeRaRa

It's no coincidence that every "green energy" project encroaches on our open desert areas. They even tried to take Johnson Valley to the Marines, knowing that most off roaders support the military.
They took more than half of it.

D Bergstrom

From my understanding, the plant is going in at the Apex Industrial Park, located northwest of I15 and southwest of HWY 93. This area already has some development in it, (tank farm, solar fields, power plants, etc.) and is privately owned, so it is not an off-road area anyway.

Doug