Farris Motorsports 2007 Chevy Prerunner

CMazzulla

RDC Crypto
This truck has been adopted by my good customer a week ago. It will be prepped at my shop and we will be making ALOT of changes in the next couple months. The owner is wanting to do a few MORE races and trips to Glamis and Ocotillo and it will eventually become a dedicated prerunner for his race team.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Yeah what possible changes could one make? Bigger shocks I would imagine.

CMazzulla

RDC Crypto
Ok here are some changes. This truck has a small radiator stuffed in the back shrouding and a tiny engine oil cooler behind it. The only air entrance is right behind the light bar on top of the cab and air flow was extremely minimal. At best everything would stay cool for 15 min. A 720 hp 572 needs some serious cooling so we are adding a 4" 4 pass up front with direct air flow. Got rid of the K&N oil treated filter and went with two 4" UMP filters for obvious reasons. Added two missing tubes from the engine cage to the back of the bulkhead for a huge gain in strength and adding some panels so everything on the engine is not so vulnerable to debris. Got rid of the giant bump-stops up front and we are going with 3" coil over and 4.5" bypass and also putting the bypass in front of the c-o and adding limit straps. We are also getting rid of a bunch of frame rail and the all of the factory body mounts. The rear shock mount has a ton of unnecessary plate work and and the rear shocks are only a 2.5x14" c-o and a 3.0x16" bypass so again we are adding a 3.0x16" c-o and a 4.5"x18" bypass. The rear wheel is 4" behind the centerline in the fender, not sure why? The wheelbase is also 153", not sure why? The rear 4 link geometry is not going to work, the upper links are 26" shorter than the lower links, not sure why?

Look, no disrespect to these guys, there is some stuff that looks really good but allot of it has to be changed or the truck will never be fully functional. Its hard to get a truck that works when it has been to several shops, but I believe that Dave was the guy that worked on it even when it was at 3d.

95f150

RDC Crypto
Ok here are some changes. This truck has a small radiator stuffed in the back shrouding and a tiny engine oil cooler behind it. The only air entrance is right behind the light bar on top of the cab and air flow was extremely minimal. At best everything would stay cool for 15 min. A 720 hp 572 needs some serious cooling so we are adding a 4" 4 pass up front with direct air flow. Got rid of the K&N oil treated filter and went with two 4" UMP filters for obvious reasons. Added two missing tubes from the engine cage to the back of the bulkhead for a huge gain in strength and adding some panels so everything on the engine is not so vulnerable to debris. Got rid of the giant bump-stops up front and we are going with 3" coil over and 4.5" bypass and also putting the bypass in front of the c-o and adding limit straps. We are also getting rid of a bunch of frame rail and the all of the factory body mounts. The rear shock mount has a ton of unnecessary plate work and and the rear shocks are only a 2.5x14" c-o and a 3.0x16" bypass so again we are adding a 3.0x16" c-o and a 4.5"x18" bypass. The rear wheel is 4" behind the centerline in the fender, not sure why? The wheelbase is also 153", not sure why? The rear 4 link geometry is not going to work, the upper links are 26" shorter than the lower links, not sure why?

Look, no disrespect to these guys, there is some stuff that looks really good but allot of it has to be changed or the truck will never be fully functional. Its hard to get a truck that works when it has been to several shops, but I believe that Dave was the guy that worked on it even when it was at 3d.

You better start a thread on this! haha sounds like its going to be mainly some refinements that have been overlooked in the big picture...

FABUNLIMITED

RDC Crypto

No disrespect to anyone, I am glad that the truck will be used. However I just have to say that the shocks and what not that were used is how the customer wanted it. Jeff also knew the truck was under shocked and when the project started it wasnt going to be the truck it ended up as. As far as the four link that was done when the truck was brought to 3D and to my shop. The front shocks are the ones that came with the Mazzulla center mount long travel kit that Jeff purchased. Hind sight is 20/20, it's easy to look at a truck that has already been built and pick it a part and find things you would do differently, I also understand everyone's taste is different and I will leave it at that.

SIKrandall

RDC Crypto
Customer is always right, i think i remember a ton of suggestions being made about this truck to the customer, but at the end of the day, customer is always right. supply the money, get something done the way you ask for it so long as it doesnt put the customer in danger.......... plenty of 2 inch chromoly there to insure that.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
No disrespect to anyone, I am glad that the truck will be used. However I just have to say that the shocks and what not that were used is how the customer wanted it. Jeff also knew the truck was under shocked and when the project started it wasnt going to be the truck it ended up as. As far as the four link that was done when the truck was brought to 3D and to my shop. The front shocks are the ones that came with the Mazzulla center mount long travel kit that Jeff purchased. Hind sight is 20/20, it's easy to look at a truck that has already been built and pick it a part and find things you would do differently, I also understand everyone's taste is different and I will leave it at that.

Nice professional opinion, I like that!

CMazzulla

RDC Crypto
Different strokes for different folks for the fabrication element ;) and on the other hand it ultimately comes down to the $$$ and what the customer can afford... These prerunner trucks always end up snowballing into a bigger project than anticipated which in turn they usually have parts on them that are not sufficient at the end and at this point we are going to do what is best for the truck and in a few months we will see a prerunner that has been anticipated by some of us for a long time. On a side note, I am a true believer in giving credit where credit is due and in this case there is a lot of credit that should be given from different areas. :cool:

IGOBAJA2

RDC Crypto
WOW! To post this on somebody elses thread. Dave and Rick are known for there fabrication skills AND ther integrity. Just a suggestion Mazzulla, keep your welding helmet and gloves on.

SIKrandall

RDC Crypto
Anyone ask Jeff if he wasnt satisfied with what he got? I think he provided the parts and asked for it to be done the way it was.......any complaints jeff?

CMazzulla

RDC Crypto
Fact is that somebody spent allot of money on a truck that wasn't fullly functional. Fact is fact and that is not my opinion. I am in no way saying that Dave and Rick cannot build good stuff, in this case the new guy has to deal with the bugs that were not worked out. If anything this should be looked at as a good thing for this thread because it is showing Fabunlimited's work being used and I am giving full credit to the work that they have done. Ps. My welding helmet and gloves have been on all day and will be tomorrow:p

FarrisMotorsports

RDC Crypto
Chris call me when you get a min.

All I have to say is that I don't know how to build a prerunner, that's why I pay someone to do it for me. When it comes to design, I don't know jack. I left alot of the design/build up to the people that worked on it. Did I know it was under shocked? Yes I did. Did I know about all the other points, no I didn't. Rick don't shift blame to me. You guys finished it the way you thought best.