FAST Aid-Everything you need to know!!

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
OK I wanted to get this out there, a lot of wonderful people are involved with the Organization and we are proud to have the support of many well known desert racers :D Feel free to ask questions, sign up for classes and become educated by viewing our website below.

Learn more about who we are and what we are going to do to help you in the future!!

http://www.fast-aid.org

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1835955811&ref=profile

http://twitter.com/FASTAidOrg

F.A.S.T. AID to make announcement on Totally Off Road Radio

San Diego (California) – F.A.S.T. AID non-profit organization is set to make an announcement on this Wednesday’s Totally Off-Road Radio show hosted by Jim Holthus.

F.A.S.T. AID president Jared Tetzlaff along with founders Adam Gunn and Pat Dailey as well as racing veteran Chad Ragland will be interviewed live on the show about this newest non-profit organization and how it will help the off-road racing community. Information will also be provided on how off-road racers, individuals and sponsors can get involved in the F.A.S.T. Aid Organization.

Additionally F.A.S.T. AID president Jared Tetzlaff is expected to announce a contingency program for the upcoming SCORE Primm 300 race held in southern Nevada on September 12th 2009.

F.A.S.T. AID, founded just 4 months ago provides financial and emotional assistance to off-roaders injured at racing events.

F.A.S.T AID is supported by donations from sponsors, individuals and racing organizations in the off-road community, Tune into Totally Off Road Radio to hear how you can be part of F.A.S.T. AID.

More information on the F.A.S.T. Aid organization can be obtained at www.fast-aid.org or http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...11&ref=profile

Totally Off Road Radio can be heard each Wednesday from 6pm-8pm in the San Diego area on KCEO AM 1000 and is also webcasted worldwide at www.torrshow.com.

Tipracer

Reaction
It is nice to see people step up to take care of La Familia...good luck.

Chase 2

Reaction
Thanks for what you are doing!

Just a little heads up, for us old geezers that red font on the black background on the web site is really, really hard to read.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Thanks for what you are doing!

Just a little heads up, for us old geezers that red font on the black background on the web site is really, really hard to read.
Thank you that is good to know!! How is the size of the font? Perhaps I will change it around to a white or gray font instead. Any and all feedback is appreciated!! :D

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Thanks to EVERYBODY who has who has been so supportive since day one! All of this wouldn't have been possible without the help and dedication of some of my closest friends. Its an amazing feeling to know that just 6 months ago i proposed this concept of a non-profit organization to Pat Dailey we put our heads together to come up with a plan and than we than looked to our fellow "desert family" members and everybody was 100% supportive.

BIG thanks to:

Jared (jrod) Tetzlaff, Gabby (dezertgirl) Carpenter, Kim (kim) Carpenter, Dan200 (Dan200), Lucas (HDR1) Hand, Josh (next-gen) Baltimore, Nick (dempkowski motorsports) Dempkowski, Jamie (GG) Fagan, Trent (trent06) Beaver, Chad (Chadrag) Ragland, Dean (schlingmann) Schlingmann, Eric (bluecrace) Morley, Cameron (pab) steele, Shaun (offroadexit) Ochsner, Trey (treyp), Johnny Greeves, Andy (andy mac) McMillin, Off-Road Expo, Patrick's Signs, Psprint, Bryan Collins, Chris Blais, Aaron (www.aaronbakers.com) Baker, Roger (Double Down) Norman, Steve (Chappy) Hansen.... and many many more people ... if i have forgotten anybody (which im sure i have) im very sorry, but without you guys NONE of this would have been possible

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Listen to Pat Dailey (FAST Aid Board Member and Co-Founder) Co-Host TORR tonight!!! :D :D
Also Adam Gunn (another FAST Aid Board Member and Co-Founder) will be on the show to enlighten people about the goals we have as an organization and answer questions!!

Go out and support FAST Aid, enjoy watching DP7 and listen to the rest of the TORR show.

Fenways in Carlsbad! :D

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
We at Motorsports Safety Solutions are behind Fast-aid and look forward to what is to come. Looking forward to teaching CPR/first aid class at PRIMM. Best thing to happen to desert racing in a long time.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Ideas aren't squat, until you put your foot down and make things happen.

Great job guys and gals!!

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
I am so excited to be part of Fast-Aid. I have been involved in fundraising for a long time. Mostly, on my own when someone I knew was sick or hurt. It is so great being part of an organization with the same core principles, beliefs and commitments towards others.

It is my hope that we never have to come to the aid an injured off-road racer, but if we do, you guys can count on the team that we have put together. And, all you big guys out there get ready for a call from me, with my hand out looking for donations of products or services. We can't do this alone. You will all play a big roll in our success.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Great segment on TORR tonight about FAST Aid!! :D BIG HUGE Thanks to Adam Gunn, Pat Dailey and Chad Ragland for sharing a little about who we are with the audience! I know Jared wanted to add to the conversation but I believe they were having technical difficulties with call ins. THere will be more shows in the future where our President can add to the show!! :D

edit... Jared did get in at the end of the show!! :D

Last edited:

michael_loomis

Reaction
Technical difficulties?? I thought they were just trying to beat it in by telling us twice! :D

nafecarytrid

Reaction
Great segment on TORR tonight about FAST Aid!! :D BIG HUGE Thanks to Adam Gunn, Pat Dailey and Chad Ragland for sharing a little about who we are with the audience! I know Jared wanted to add to the conversation but I believe they were having technical difficulties with call ins. THere will be more shows in the future where our President can add to the show!! :D

edit... Jared did get in at the end of the show!! :D
Technical difficulties?? I thought they were just trying to beat it in by telling us twice! :D
They did a great job "representing". :D

Allen H

Crows
Reaction
My name is Allen Hickerson, I am a fellow racer who co-drives with Josh Daniel in the Danzio race car. We had a really bad accident at the beginning of the year at the Parker 425. I broke my back and had to be air lifted to the hospital. I was fortunate enough to have great insurance, and a great employer... but it still does not take away all of the incurred cost, and stress of an injury. With that being said, if i did not have the support from family, friends, employer, and good insurance I dont know what I would have done. The things I thought about the most during this unfortunate time was my finances, (how am i going to pay for this) my job (am I still going to have a job?) my family (how am i going to support my family). There are many story's similar to mine, and many story's that are much worse. We risk our lives every time we go out on the track for something that we love to do, but you never know when that risk may become reality. That is why I wanted to take the time to thank the great people who are behind this program. I am a huge supporter of Fast-Aid and I hope the rest of you on Race-Dezert are too. Go Fast-Aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
My name is Allen Hickerson, I am a fellow racer who co-drives with Josh Daniel in the Danzio race car. We had a really bad accident at the beginning of the year at the Parker 425. I broke my back and had to be air lifted to the hospital. I was fortunate enough to have great insurance, and a great employer... but it still does not take away all of the incurred cost, and stress of an injury. With that being said, if i did not have the support from family, friends, employer, and good insurance I dont know what I would have done. The things I thought about the most during this unfortunate time was my finances, (how am i going to pay for this) my job (am I still going to have a job?) my family (how am i going to support my family). There are many story's similar to mine, and many story's that are much worse. We risk our lives every time we go out on the track for something that we love to do, but you never know when that risk may become reality. That is why I wanted to take the time to thank the great people who are behind this program. I am a huge supporter of Fast-Aid and I hope the rest of you on Race-Dezert are too. Go Fast-Aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU Allen!!! Your support is appreciated!! Unforeseen things and accidents can happen in a split second changing lives, we plan to be there to help those that fall under less fortunate circumstances than your own. Glad you are back into the swing of things!! :D

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Since this is the official FAST Aid thread...

Interested in a First Aid and CPR Certification class fr yourself or your team?

The class will be Friday September 11, 2009 at 3:30 pm at the FAST Aid bus which will be located in contingency. The bus will accommodate enough people in an air conditioned smoke free environment to create a pleasant learning space.

The cost of the class is a discounted $50 per person with larger discounts being offered to teams or groups of ten or more. Once the class has ended you will receive a CPR Certification certificate and be knowledgeable on basic first aid in the event of an accident.

Brad Lundy will also be able to help you review your own trauma and first aid kits to ensure you have what you need to be prepared.

Please secure your spot in the class by making a deposit of $25 online at www.fast-aid.org under classes and the remaining $25 will be due at the door. Space is limited to the first 15 people.

If you have any questions or have any troubles with the website please let me know!

Gabby Carpenter
Secretary/Treasurer
FAST Aid
donations@fast-aid.org