Fast and furious trophy truck.

Anaconda Racing

Reaction
WHO's ride is it, great movie.:eek:

redred144

Reaction
i heard dom was supposed to jack the trophy truck and jump the border with it, it was only in there for like 3 seconds then it crashed wtf!!!

Stimpy

Reaction
Purpose built (2) trucks for the movie.Built by Jake at Racer Services in San Diego. If I recall correctly.

MikesF1Fiddy

Reaction
Pendella Motorsports out of Burbank I believe bought both trucks and the suburbans from the movie. One of them was at the MDR race this weekend. It looks more like a shortcourse truck/light duty prerunner then a TT. Guy I spoke with said they got a SMOKIN deal for all of it.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Pendella Motorsports out of Burbank I believe bought both trucks and the suburbans from the movie. One of them was at the MDR race this weekend. It looks more like a shortcourse truck/light duty prerunner then a TT. Guy I spoke with said they got a SMOKIN deal for all of it.
wonder if it even meets score specs or would even be competitive ....

any insight??

MikesF1Fiddy

Reaction
Oh No way it would comptetive, and it's a fiberglass bodied prerunner at best. It would need alot more for SCORE tech.

5.3Ranger

Reaction
i know them well. Pondella's main race truck is an old Savage built protruck chassis. They did buy one of the FF trucks that was built by Paul Mishell of Racer services but no suburbans. The trucks were built pretty fast and on a tight budget for the movie. My good friend Dennis McCarthy has the other ff truck built by Paul, Dennis is also the Picture car coordinator of the last 2 ff movies & alot of other big Hollywood car movies . He also is the original owner of the Savage chassis that Pondella now owns. Pondella's trophy truck which was out in Barstow today is also co driven by Dennis! The FF truck out there is just used for pre running. Wow! hope you caught all that....

gmmvp42

Reaction
the truck scenes are the only reason I want to see it, are they really only in it for a few seconds? when this was first mentioned on the web, I read they were gonna do the miller/arciero baja 1000 refuelling while driving thing so they could ultimately jump the border? Not true?

Old School 8

Reaction
i My good friend Dennis McCarthy has the other ff truck built by Paul, ....
Dennis had a class 8 he called "8-ball" ? We pitted with them at a SNORE race about 6 or 7 years ago. Last I heard (years ago) was that he was building himself a Trophy Truck. Where is he now ?

720 Andre

Reaction
all i know is that when General Tire was just getting back into the offroad game, we were supposed to get the first batch of tires. but instead of getting us tires in time for the '08 Parker 425, the tires went to the movie to be put on those "TT's". that's the only time the Synergy 8 truck wore the colors that are in my avatar, and we ran on BFG's.

5.3Ranger

Reaction
Dennis had a class 8 he called "8-ball" ? We pitted with them at a SNORE race about 6 or 7 years ago. Last I heard (years ago) was that he was building himself a Trophy Truck. Where is he now ?
Dennis bought a TT chassis right after he retired "8 ball" that was an old Savage Pro Truck & spent a few years building it, then ended up selling it to Pondella since he was so busy building picture cars for movies. Like I said earlier he still drives it in races & still very much has desert racing in his blood! My guess is you will see him in his very own TT sometime in the future. Hit him up, I think his RDC name is DMCAUTO

Demonturtle

Reaction
Dennis bought a TT chassis right after he retired "8 ball" that was an old Savage Pro Truck & spent a few years building it, then ended up selling it to Pondella since he was so busy building picture cars for movies. Like I said earlier he still drives it in races & still very much has desert racing in his blood! My guess is you will see him in his very own TT sometime in the future. Hit him up, I think his RDC name is DMCAUTO

Wow, I was just looking at some of my old pics of the 8-ball truck yesterday! Weird. Didnt that truck burn to the ground at Primm a few years ago?

Last edited:

ibismojo

Reaction
The "trophy truck" in this movie reminds me of another truck that was hyped up with few pictures and/or videos :D

MikesF1Fiddy

Reaction
wait... there were trophy trucks in this movie.. i missed that .. .:confused:
No kidding! Was a joke. Saw the movie last night.The truck was on film for less then 10 seconds total probably. If they would have put Vin Diesel behind the wheel for some carnage that woulda been cool. And those were the smoothest fire roads in Mexico Ive ever seen lol....

snapwill

Reaction
No kidding! Was a joke. Saw the movie last night.The truck was on film for less then 10 seconds total probably. If they would have put Vin Diesel behind the wheel for some carnage that woulda been cool. And those were the smoothest fire roads in Mexico Ive ever seen lol....
I agree totally, it was a joke. And smooth fire roads in mexico, what is that?

I actually did some work on the first two movies at my old job. If they did this movie like the rest that truck was nothing but a prop. They dont use the real thing in any vehicle. I too was disappointed that the scene was so short..