fast and the furious

evan_clanin

i know its not desert, but its still bad ass, i just came back from the filiming of fast and the furious 2, on the seven mile bridge, some of u know were this is at, and they are filiming in front of my house today, and from what we saw last night its going to be a good movie. i tried to sneak my truck into the background but i was unsucsesful!!!

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

cleartoy

Where is the 7 mile bridge?

What types of cars were filmed?

I cant wait for it to come out. The first one was very well done.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
If it's as cheese as the first...I hope it does not get finished. Sorry, but thats my 2 cents.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

Dillon

Yeah, gotta agree there, pretty cheeseball, but the Charger was sick as hell, too bad it wheelied for 3 miles...lol

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Yes I do agree the charger was cool....it was American!

Kris

JasonHutter

I will be driving over the 7 mile bridge this weekend on vacation. It is in the movie True Lies also. It is A1A in Florida, it is one of the bridges between two of the Keys down to Key West.

Jason

Attachments

John Bitting

Administrator
I did not think it was that bad. I saw it with my wife on video because I thought it would be a lot worse. The importers got there movie. Us off-roaders need to get ours now. After that movie everyone got graphics helping out companies such as modern image who does stuff for off-road and other shops for aftermarket parts. Just think how shops like Camburg, Newline, fabtech, duffco, McKenzies, Kartek would do if we got our movie..

Tom_Willis

hell, yes, we deserve a movie. and not one where 2800 lb cars are able to force an 80,000 truck off the road. in broad daylight. and not one where a drag race continues for FIVE MILES on a public street without anybody noticing it. but the T and A part, that I'm all for.

klaus

Administrator
The only drag race where you shift about 20 times in a 5 speed car...thats the moment i thought about clicking on some other video.

There has been better car movies I can think of. Don't know the titles.

The challenger or charger that drives from Denver to SF nonstop. That old 60s Mustang that drag races for Money and his brother bets the family biz on it. Steve McQueen in that other old Mustang jumping all over SF. Both the original or the late Gone in 60. "two lane hardtop" maybe...

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Thats kind of like 20 shots out of a 6 shooter gun!!!

Kris

evan_clanin

jason knows whats up, the seven mile bridge, well its seven miles, and it connects marathon key to big pine key, hondas hondas hondas and some other cars i cant tell what they are, but there loud and fast, there is about 40 semis parked down the street and it sounds like a damn drag strip. it was cool at first but now its gettin old, they cary the cars infull transorters, like nascar, herbst trailers, each car has its own mechanical crew.

Gabe Lara

"Bullitt" was the McQueen movie. True classic, Steve!
I'm a bit partial to the chase scenes in "Ronin" as well. There's something about anAudi S-8 in a full 4 wheel drift.

-Gabe

pciscott

You guys miss the point, all movies can be picked apart. I thought the movie was entertaining and if you watch the credits the end of the movie shows Vin driving through San Felipe. When he said "I live my life 1/4 of a mile at a time" it almost brought a tear to my eye :). Anyways it sure beats the kind of movies my wife drags me to see. Almost put NOS on my prerunner after that flick. Rich Minga of Baja Concepts has been working on the sequel and says some of the stunts are incredible. I hope to have time to see it in the movies, as of late I see most movies on video.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

evan_clanin

i just took a stroll down the street, they are using purple spyders mitsus, and looks like lancers that are a lime green there all ghettoed out and have there wings on the back and stickers all over the place, i also saw a old school sc, maby its a old camaro i couldnt tell but it was baby blue i dont know if it was a crew members or from the movie but i feel like im back in socal, with all these damn things around here. but from what i have seen yes it is going to be a good movie, one of the sceens they shot down here was some sort of a drug related sceen so looks like there is going to be more that just racing, and the women down at the set oohhhh la la , leme tell u. the other majority of the movie was filmed u in miami, and they have been filming for about a month and a half or so already, so they should be wrapping it up some time soon, i didnt see any wrx that would be nice to see..!!

havahockey

Flipper
Personally I like the movie. I give props to anyone who is dedicated to their vehicle and likes to build it up whether its like what we do or if its a lowered car. I always like to watch movies that are shot locally too, like the opening scene from the first movie was shot on PCH in El Segundo, and the big drag wars scene was shot at San Berdadino Airport.

What kind of movie could we see for our sport? A documentry on 4 flatbillers as they travel to Ocotillo Wells ? :) I would like to see a movie based on the Baja 1000, like following a team from prep to finish or something.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

AllwaysRcn

Nothing will top the old classics like "American Grafitti", "Hollywood Knights", or "2 Lane Blacktop". Sorry but I'm a Drag Racer too and the "Fast and the Furious" did nothing for me!!

Junior

In the "Fast and the Furious" movie, the dude kept working his lap top during a drag race. WTF was that all about? Was that guy tuning the engine by using DOS commands?

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>