fasteners

nismogizmo

Sorry if this has been covered, but where can I get a large bin of assorted sized grade 8 with locking nuts, preferably all metal, but i can deal with nylock. Or is this something that i am going to have to hit the local hardware store and piece together?

empire_637

Contact You local Caterpillar Dealership, They have all kinds of bolts and nut there Grade 8 bolt are the best i always use them. Also ask them for the One safe source catalog and it has all the different size bolts they carry.

NicksTrix

as mentioned lawson. there's dorman, bowman, KAR...look online or ask a repair shop in your area for a rep's number.
there a number of sources for bolts.
Tractor Supply stocks gr 8 and sells by the pound, where most fastener sources sell by the count.

manicmechanic

Bolt quality is a crapshoot even for domestic bolts. Be very suspect of grade 8 by the pound. Imported fasteners marked grade 8 may be anything. I lean toward CAT since even the stuff they make is not good enough for them.

empire_637

Yeah thats true about the fasteners. I work for Cat and all there bolts are very very good I have rarely seen a cat bolt fail, it happens but its not to common. They are kind of pricey, If you want some maybe i could get you some at my cost.