Fastest Trophy truck

dsrtdck

Reaction
Silver state 300 this year

a6cd0991-8a99-5408.jpg

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
My new raptor hit 140 coming down the grade into Baker on my way home from Team Ford.

Take that and smoke it!

Kidding, I never went over 100. You guys realize this is a really lame thread right, I mean it's like a train wreck that I just can't stop watching. Man talk about a slooowww summer.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
My new raptor hit 140 coming down the grade into Baker on my way home from Team Ford.

Take that and smoke it!

Kidding, I never went over 100. You guys realize this is a really lame thread right, I mean it's like a train wreck that I just can't stop watching. Man talk about a slooowww summer.

Actually I find this thread interesting. We all know that "winning a race" comes down to the driver and the terrain and luck and whatnot. But this thread seems to be about the actual cars themselves. Which truck is mechanically the fastest? I like it. If we lined up all the trophy trucks in a drag race, what would happen?

g king

Reaction
If we lined them up in a drag race, I don't know, the Vic Hill engine that is in the 54 truck is an animal, we pulled the wheels off the ground at the start of parker. It can easily go over 130. I can't wait till San Felipe (Primm), it takes a few races for the truck to get tuned for the driver, and the driver to feel comfortable in the truck.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Hitting the brakes .5 seconds later than everyone else at every turn is gonna add up to a ton of time. Whose truck has the best brakes? What brakes are they running? How much does a set of brakes cost and what form of motorsports were they developed for?

Those are some fun questions to think about.

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
I'm not a bull pooper either so here are legit top speeds for me. 138.4 in the Geiser that I now have at SS 300 this year on the dry lake bed. 139.6 in Sheila on the graded road off the start @ mm 20. These are legit numbers that have been achieved in an actual race and were verified within one mph from our motec data loggers (which have gps imput) to our navigational gps.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
Back in the 90's we were on the lakebed at Primm and there were some cops with a radar gun getting the TT's when they went by. Most were in the 120-130 range. Robby went past at 141. Of course their radar gun might have been a money maker if you know what I mean.

randy s

Reaction
in the "robby schools ivan" video from an espn telecast, all i know is that when he pulled up on ivan, rg sort of teased the iron man and pinned it and he was a gone johnson..there's not going to be a cut and dried winner here, but if there was a way to know for sure, i would bet that rg would have something to do with having the fastest trophy truck at some point.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
Hitting the brakes .5 seconds later than everyone else at every turn is gonna add up to a ton of time. Whose truck has the best brakes? What brakes are they running? How much does a set of brakes cost and what form of motorsports were they developed for?

Those are some fun questions to think about.
The lightest truck with the widest tire. Everyone is running 14"+ rotors with 6 piston.

If I remember correctly, Bigmac was hitting 152 or 157 at Primm on a radar gun. 4WD has big advantages at speed, it was also fairly aerodynamic by TT standards. The next closest truck that year was in the low 130's, I think it was Rivera............
That's a Big Big Block.... Power to scare the wind away.

Fastest TT across the dry lake bed at Primm is Bigmac by a large margin.
Seen it... Big Block Chevy! Think of it with updated Aero...

Anyone got pics of the old jeep? Where is it now? And is there a verified top speed for that thing?? The 150~ was just what I heard
I was told 165mph...But no proof. When he scrambled is face and neck up he told me it was a blow over at 141mph.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
The lightest truck with the widest tire. Everyone is running 14"+ rotors with 6 piston.

That's a Big Big Block.... Power to scare the wind away.

Seen it... Big Block Chevy! Think of it with updated Aero...

I was told 165mph...But no proof. When he scrambled is face and neck up he told me it was a blow over at 141mph.
The Chuck Norris of TT engines. Nothing else comes close. :)

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Believe me there are big differences in brake packages. Not everyone is running the 18,000.00 brakes from Le Mans endurance racing. They are the Same brakes that you see on the winning cars at the 24 hours of Le Mans and the Daytona 24.

They ain't your typical NASCAR brakes.

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
Believe me there are big differences in brake packages. Not everyone is running the 18,000.00 brakes from Le Mans endurance racing. They are the Same brakes that you see on the winning cars at the 24 hours of Le Mans and the Daytona 24.

Snake oil.

gasit2win

Reaction

Rob told me 156 on laguna salada thats haulin the mail.

Lost Sheep

Reaction
I think no matter what equipment you have you need the "gonads" to go with it to hit top speed! But every course, line, wind speed/direction, elevation/grade%, wet/dry conditions, fiberglass style and TIRE SIZE and Tread pattern all matter how fast you go. So with that in mind we will never know what truck is fastest. A 20mph wind at your back one minute will make a big diff than if it was at your side or front. But no matter how fast they go 100,120,140,150,200 it never gets old to watch.........my.02... But a 2 mile hard pack straight line, flat grade, calm wind 39" tired truck with COMMON GEAR RATIO would be???????????Who the hell Knows hahahahahah

VeryFast

Reaction
The fastest vehicle to ever race in the desert was probably a Camaro raced at the SCORE Parker 400. He was clocked at 162mph in the late 70's at Thunder Alley. I am sure somebody here remembers the Camaro and the timing/speed area at Thunder Alley and can expand on this.