Fastest Trophy truck

harleys dad

Reaction
Are you talking about the Russell's that ran the 67/68 Camaro in class 6?
It was not the Russell camero, it was a camero stock car built into a off road car and I remember it raced at Riverside and Parker and on a road like Thunder alley could stretch its legs. It raced in class 2, not class 6 and I remember it being grey in color I think.. Sounded bad azz mean as it went threw tech but sat pretty low to the ground. I bet it was a rough ride threw Rice and the rock pile before thunder ally

Last edited:

Mike Palmer

Reaction
It was not the Russell camero, it was a camero stock car built into a off road car and I remember it raced at Riverside and Parker and on a road like Thunder alley could stretch its legs. It raced in class 2, not class 6 and I remember it being grey in color I think.. Sounded bad azz mean as it went threw tech but sat pretty low to the ground. I bet it was a rough ride threw Rice and the rock pile before thunder ally
Hey guys, pretty sure that was Don Campbell's Camaro. Shannon's dad. He told me a story about the trap times on a board they would post after the race. Mickey Thompson would look at it and say holy poop, who was doing a buck fifty in thunder alley? Campbell? You SOB. Mickey would go over and hug the hood saying "love that big block thunder!"

Old School 6-7-8

Reaction
I think this is the Chevy Camaro you guy's are thinking about...
The fastest vehicle to ever race in the desert was probably a Camaro raced at the SCORE Parker 400. He was clocked at 162mph in the late 70's at Thunder Alley. I am sure somebody here remembers the Camaro and the timing/speed area at Thunder Alley and can expand on this.