• Forum membership has its advantages....

'Fastest Woman On Four Wheels' Jessi Combs Killed In Jet-Car Crash

J Prich

I'm sorry you feel that way, Dave.

I don't believe you even addressed the query I posted to another poster, Wendell.

Nor has anyone else, including Wendell, who started this debate with his post #49 and his latest attempt to silence those he disagrees with.

I remain strong in my position, but remain open to other's ideas, if they are not afraid to state them and support them with facts and logic.

But I will continue to defend that position, and am not responsible for individuals' emotional reactions.

Those that choose to put my posts on ignore merely reveal their own cowardice and insecurities, and admit to such by doing so.

That's their own issues, not mine.
It's really hard to take any of this seriously knowing that in the not so distant past you actually were so wounded by something I said in a post that you sent me private messages to further attack me, then reported ME for offending you. What cowardice and insecurity were you admitting to by reporting someone for saying something that hurt your feelings?

Your opinion, however irrelevant it may be, is not the real problem here. The real issue is your pedantic obsession with arguing for the sake of argument. Especially in a thread like this. The intellectual high horse you routinely envision yourself on is a figment of your imagination. You made whatever point you were trying to get across, just let it go.

klaus

Administrator
We don't delete post on RDC however if a user runs rampart and disrespects the community we do step in.

There is no need to remove the thread and many of you stood up and tried to argue a crack pot away that lacks basic human decency. There is a place and time to make any point but shitting on a memorial type thread to argue a point is a no go.

Thank you to those of you that messaged us asking to do something.
Offender is now removed.

Please feel free to turn this thread back around to its original intention of sharing stories of Jessi Combs.
Thank you and sorry for the drama.

Josh 8

Wow. The dog pack really turned on him.

Nino Ficara

I originally joined this page back in about 2003 if I remember right and was a VERY active user. I'm sure a lot of the old timers possibly even still remember my username that used to be sirhk100... I build trucks, I actually race trucks, I've chased/pitted for the likes of Rob Mac 4 or 5 times in the past few years, I've volunteered for Putman to work Tech at BITD races, I helped support the Honda 7200 truck prerun and pitted for them at the 1000 last year with Dan200. I was just discussing volunteer opportunities last night with some powers that be at the next Mint 400. I actually live in the desert and actually play in the desert. Point being, I'm "somewhat" in the scene but absolutely not active on RDC... Why???

This idiot Crummy and a few others like him are incredibly annoying and come across quite pathetic by seemingly going out of their way to take the enjoyment out of simply reading a hobby based forum that is actually filled with great content cause for some reason they feel the need to nit pick pointless details. This is the first post I've made here in about 5 years and once again will be my last because I see idiots like him are still actively spewing some of the dumbest most pointless crap. I remember Pistol used to get banned all the time for his crap talking with Zaiden. Maybe he was a bit over the top but at least there was some humor in it typically and at least Pistol was actively involved in the sport.

You got guys like Crummy or that Green idiot that I can't even figure out the last time they had any type of hands on interaction in the sport literally ruining good threads and never get banned and are still on here. These guys actively/intentionally try to ruin threads and troll people into their pointless debates over "straw man arguments" that nobody gives a flying fick about... (Seriously, speak up, DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT A STRAW MAN ARGUMENT OR EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY CRUMMY ACTUALLY PARTICIPATES ON THIS FORUM?)

It's actually quite impressive in a pathetic way that someone has such a sad life that they spend the time and effort to make the posts these guys do. How do you not get the point that literally NOBODY cares about your useless input! I can't remember the last time I read anything actually helpful by you on this forum! It's unreal that someone can come across so unhappy... Maybe you should do some tequila shots, smoke some weed, get laid, something... Get a life and stop literally ruining threads on this forum. Common man!!!! You're posting in a thread that's in memory of a woman that's made more of an impact in the automotive world in her short lifetime than you likely ever have at your old age. Are you jealous or something? I seriously don't get it? Let the people that knew her and enjoyed her contributions to the world memorialize her and stfu...

Find a hobby man, cause you come across as a pathetic human being... And a broken record honestly. Feel free to reply all you'd like cause I know you can't help yourself to nit pick apart all the logic'esc issues I've made in this post. Feel free to waste more of your time cause I likely won't see it anyways when I peek back in here 5 years from now again anyways.

Sincerely Crummy, get a life or stfu and let people that are actually in the scene and active in the hobby/sport simply enjoy the forum without the gibberish that you bring to the table.

Signing off once again...
Khris Kading
Amen

Total Loss

We don't delete post on RDC however if a user runs rampart and disrespects the community we do step in.

There is no need to remove the thread and many of you stood up and tried to argue a crack pot away that lacks basic human decency. There is a place and time to make any point but shitting on a memorial type thread to argue a point is a no go.

Thank you to those of you that messaged us asking to do something.
Offender is now removed.

Please feel free to turn this thread back around to its original intention of sharing stories of Jessi Combs.
Thank you and sorry for the drama.
At great risk of being flamed here...you have a section - "The finish line" for memorial type threads.
There was a lot of discussion here regarding how, why and should have this happened with many opinions posted.
Nothing to do with "memorializing" but nuts and bolts, and Crum ranting about the fact that she was a woman doing this and being singled out as such.

I have absolute respect for all racers (well not all- I have had my personal beef with some over the years), inc LSR's. I loved watching Jesse Combs over the years...probably why I am angry that she felt the need to try this "sport" that has cut a lot of lives short over the years- even the most experienced pilots.

Sucks all around- but sometimes we all need to know our limits.

J Prich

At great risk of being flamed here...you have a section - "The finish line" for memorial type threads.
There was a lot of discussion here regarding how, why and should have this happened with many opinions posted.
Nothing to do with "memorializing" but nuts and bolts, and Crum ranting about the fact that she was a woman doing this and being singled out as such.

I have absolute respect for all racers (well not all- I have had my personal beef with some over the years), inc LSR's. I loved watching Jesse Combs over the years...probably why I am angry that she felt the need to try this "sport" that has cut a lot of lives short over the years- even the most experienced pilots.

Sucks all around- but sometimes we all need to know our limits.
I dont think the issue is was the sharing of opinions, even ones that are not well received. Where it goes sideways is when people post something that's borderline inflammatory, and then basically challenge anyone who pushes back on that opinion to engage in a pointless battle of semantics that ends up having nothing to do with the actual discussion in the first place. The "opinion" post wasn't the problem, it was the follow up after that really pushed people's buttons, in my opinion. And it's not the first time.

That said, I don't think a person should be banned for that personally, but it's fair to offer some kind of reprimand when enough is enough.

green787

Normally I would post pictures ad naseum of me racing my toyota.... Out of respect for Jessi Combs I'll just post the build of my own limited efforts in establishing a Land Speed Record for a 1966 Datsun 411 Wagon..... This was before I ever attended an off road race.... I don't understand this fetish on RDC for saying I never did anything..... It's just weird.... I NEVER WON ANYTHING (would be way more appropriate) If ANY of you on this forum have attempted a land speed record, please post up your pictures of your effort in the memory of Jessi......

Attachments

Last edited:

51rcr

great post @green787 I have only did the 130 standing mile class at world of speed. Mostly just peoples street cars class. yeah whoo hoo its only supposed to be 130 tops. But hey if ya get a good start and traction and dont hit soft spots ya got that extra 2 mph at the end. Everyone should do it. it is fun makes for an excuse to go see some salt flats, LSR vehicles. I like all kinds of racing and the challenges. I get the LSR type of racing and the cars and the challenge. Lots of classes and options. It one of those types of racing lots are more about building the car with no desire to drive it. Thats not there part of the challenge. Like a chase crew and pit people. I like its a whole different type of driving.
I just drove my 380,000 mile at the time Toyota Avalon down for fun. what also made it fun was a lady had a newer version Camry with the same engine. Both trying to get faster speeds and figuring it out. Both within about 1 maybe 2 mph.
neat to see what others have took to try there hand at LSR

Total Loss

I watch the LSR boyz and girlz yearly at El Mirage. More and more girlz now it seems.
I have seen a Honda crash at 180...it was VERY ugly. Guy almost died.
I have never had the inkling to do that although I love to watch the folks that do- and the engineering that goes into it.
That being said- 180 is not 580...whole nuther world.
300 is about all they can muster on El Mirage for the streamliners. Very fun to watch.

jon coleman

i got up to 110 mph on the balboa beach run , mt Everest- clairmont dr. course, 1982ish, stock station wagon cls...

Total Loss

I like Freiburgers take on doing 300 at El Mirage...to paraphrase...
"6 people have surpassed 300 at El Mirage...12 have walked on the moon- you do the math"

ACME

Ex limited class desert racer Steve Meierdierks (RIP) did the salt in a scratch built-designed roadster, that Lothringer had a hand in creating. It took him years to break 200MPH and join the club. He said it was sketchy and one of the hardest things he had done and way more involved than just point & mat it. He planned-started another build to go 300 but felt he probably needed a pro driver as it was a whole different world to hit that next milestone.

Side note: He rebuilt his cage 3-4 times prior to his maiden run over the years of building his car as the tech rules evolved each year based on incidents which incited change to the safety rules and cage development. 118 in our car on the GPS and @130MPH (GPS broke)w/Keller in a C1, was fast to me in the dirt! I can't imagine the 300MPH Club...

In the end: Everyone and everything has a limit, some just push the limits a little farther

J Prich

Frankly at this point in my life, I prefer the waiting. But kudos to those who continue to choose to push boundaries.