Feature vehicle - Corey Terry's Raptor Prerunner

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
We have a new feature up on the homepage.

Corey-Terry-Eversen-Prerunner-00.jpg
Corey-Terry-Eversen-Prerunner-42.jpg

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Very nice, thanks for the feature Curtis!

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Just for grins how much does something like that cost? I don't mean that one specifically. Something of that quality if a guy was to drop off a brand new 2020 3.5 Ecoboost ford crew cab 4x4 to a reputable builder and wants it completed in 52 weeks? Spares can come later or as it's getting built
I'm guessing without the cost of a new truck $700,000.00

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Those look like RPI Racing bolts on there...😎😎

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Friend was telling me of a full on street legal Geiser prerunner, carbon everything, with AC and full tilt that was at the Parker prerun. He said because the truck was so beautiful, he asked. $850k was what he was told.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Friend was telling me of a full on street legal Geiser prerunner, carbon everything, with AC and full tilt that was at the Parker prerun. He said because the truck was so beautiful, he asked. $850k was what he was told.
Wow that is mucho $$$

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Just for grins how much does something like that cost? I don't mean that one specifically. Something of that quality if a guy was to drop off a brand new 2020 3.5 Ecoboost ford crew cab 4x4 to a reputable builder and wants it completed in 52 weeks? Spares can come later or as it's getting built
I'm guessing without the cost of a new truck $700,000.00

I don't think they used anything that guy "dropped off" other than the cab, doors, windshield, and windows.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
I'll bet a straight aluminum crew cab complete runs $20k easy

My question is how much $$ to build a street legal prerunner with all the bells & whistles EXCLUDING a doner truck? I've seen some pretty damn nice ones displayed during the mint 400 tech that have got to be in the $700k range

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I feel like the cost of any donor truck is negligible compared to the finished vehicle price. Just my opinion.
And the "2020" luxury Prerunner is using a 2007 steel cab btw. I feel the steel cab is the way to go for luxury prerunners.
An aluminum cab just introduces difficulties with very little (if any) advantage.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Aluminum crew cab alone weighs 400 lbs less than steel, an entire aluminum truck is 760lbs less than steel.
I'm pretty shure a luxury prerunner will come in around 6500 lbs easy

JP_JCM

RDC Crypto
I'll bet a straight aluminum crew cab complete runs $20k easy

My question is how much $$ to build a street legal prerunner with all the bells & whistles EXCLUDING a doner truck? I've seen some pretty damn nice ones displayed during the mint 400 tech that have got to be in the $700k range
Eversen will do them for the $500-$600k range if i am not mistaken. Having seen this truck first hand, it is a work of art. Hats of to Andy for a stupid clean build.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
You got to wonder if there is a large profit margin in building them. You might say yes but then again, think about what you do for your own business and think of how everyone thinks you make a fortune on each job. I’m sure there are a lot of costs none of us think about when doing a build like this.

—john

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
I have heard that, yes, to a point there is great margin, but the farther a builder goes towards completion, that margin shrinks. Probably because most don't charge retail for the parts they hang from other manufacturers that go into a build.