Federico Talks About Pro-Light Shootout Incident

philsmike

Reaction
Federico and Currie were battling back and during the first first half of Crandon's "Decision at Sundown" Pro-Light Shootout. When the field went back to green there was contact and Federico ended his night early. He went spinning into the air and then rolled a few times in the Gravel Pit turn.

[video=youtube;3weAgoKw_RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3weAgoKw_RI[/video]

mv181aa

Reaction
I don't think you will find any video unless somebody caught it with an on car camera. The gravel pit is a bit of a black hole for video at Crandon. The crowd can't really see what goes on down there either.

philsmike

Reaction
they showed the replay on the jumbotron. so there is video out there. Also an official told me they reviewed the tape of the incident.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Where was Federico this weekend???

Slash01z

Reaction
If I heard it right they said at crandon that crandon weekend would be steve's final weekend of his racing career.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
That's a shame to loose a colorful piece of the puzzle like that! Fishing is quite the opposite of racing...

Oh, Mike... do you mean "for reel"? LOL

philsmike

Reaction
I totally agree, and TORC needs as many entries as possible, especially ones that are comfortable in front of the camera, as well as a great ambassador of the sport.

Heck, his truck was part of the Goodyear display during Daytona Speedweeks a few years ago.

Whenever CORR or WSORR needed someone for a TV or radio interview he was always the first one to volunteer.

Heck one summer he was a co host of a Sunday afternoon motorsports radio show on a Top-3 FM rock station in Chicago.

We also set up displays at local and National Import Drag racing events, as well as a couple of Monster Truck shows.

This was in addition to a being a top notch PRO-Light competitor.

Hey look at the points right now. Even after missing the last two rounds, he's still in 8th place.