Feels Good To Be Here, How Is The Mint 400?

Reaction
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to be back around these parts.

Long story short, I raced the UTV WC and Baja 1000 in my 2014 RZR 1000 back in 2018. We rolled out of the B1K, I enjoyed the week with friends, parked all my stuff in a storage unit and returned to Alaska. Believe it or not, I haven't been back near any of my stuff since then. Life took a few hard turns and I had to keep it simple for a while.

Now, I'm looking to get my machine back together and get behind the wheel again.

I looked into racing Baja 400 or Mint 400 this year. Just recently realized that the Mint was moved to December.

Am very seriously interested in racing in the PRO UTV class. The logistics of it all are much easier for me and my friends than organizing everyone's travels to Mexico.

As someone that would be bringing a truck and trailer down from Alaska, what are the best options for places to stay? If we want to take advantage of staying in nearby hotels and enjoying the night life, is this easily feasible with a truck and trailer setup? Is there organized parking for all of the larger than usual vehicles?

My other thought was looking for a AirBNB somewhere outside of Vegas where we would have space and could accommodate everyone flying down but I'd like to enjoy the fun that is Vegas.

Anything else you would tell a first timer to the Mint? I know people are upset about the change in timing but with Covid slowly going back under a carpet, I'd just happy to try and make plans for this.

E motorsports

Reaction
the plaza hotel on Freemont street has truck and trailer parking
Primm valley hotel or whiskey Pete's is at the start finish line and has good parking and the main pits are out back

IRONGOOK

Reaction
The Rio has a huge parking lot out back and unless things have changed, they do not charge for parking. Camping in the lot is not allowed. Main street station has an RV park were you can park and camp. also its next to the large oversize vehicle parking lot were you could park trucks and trailers, but they charge for parking.

johndjmix

Reaction
Excalibur hotel in Vegas has a great large truck parking area with personal next to it 24x7. Plus they have Baja Fresh inside and who doesn’t love Baja Fresh!

—john

critter81

Reaction
Th Hilton Garden Inn on South Las Vegas BLVD is partially owned by a guy who races 1450 Class. I stay there often and it usually has good rates

J Prich

Reaction
Th Hilton Garden Inn on South Las Vegas BLVD is partially owned by a guy who races 1450 Class. I stay there often and it usually has good rates
Didn't know that. Can you disclose who that is?

Reaction
Thank you very much for the replies.

I'd be driving down from Alaska and most of my friends would be flying in from out of state. A central location is ideal but we're an easy to please kind of group.

Really looking forward to making this happen.

Kilian

_
Reaction
@TheTundraWookie I believe we spoke on the phone a while back. Happy to hop back on a call again. The best option is Main Street Station - one way in, one way out. Gated. Secure. $20 a night last year, I believe. Wouldn’t it be nice if that became our tech staging lot, so you’re already parked where you need to be to get in line for tech on Fremont?