fender clips

toyotaguy

Reaction
I have heard of something like a clip that connects your fender to something so that when you are out in the desert and really pushing your truck, you an just get out and turn clips here and turn a clip there and you can pop them off. anyone know what these are called and are they worth it? Theft? how safe are they. I heard people use them so that they can save the fenders in times when jumping and hitting big whoops

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?

cleartoy

Reaction
Sounds like Dzus tabs to me. Quick and easy.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

In_the_works

Reaction
Just remember, If it's a street driven truck, dzus tabs are just as easy for someone else to remove and swipe your fenders.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma
Look at me! I'm a member.

desertracer

Reaction
I'm sure austin could tell you about getting bed sides stolen. I remember that whole story. What ever happened by the way?

MDR Class 1

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya I would not reccomend dzus for a prerunner. What I did is use little tiny allen bolts with finishing washers and it actually looks pretty cool. Its got a locknut on the back side so it will take some effort to get them off this time....

I never got the other ones back and nothing ever happened...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

toyotaguy

Reaction
that is what they are called! that is also what I thought about them....easy theft. ok that clears it up for me thanks

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?

hoeker

Reaction
not really off topic, but maybe. i sure would think you would want to make your suspension travel fit within the limits of your fenders any way. seems a little silly to take your fenders off to really tear it up, then where do you put the fenders?? leave them on the truck where they belong.

my $.01

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
But if you are racing or something and have a chance of coming in contact with bushes or other trucks. they could easily rip your fenders off.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop