fender flaring

spedy1

Reaction
I was woudering if there is any place that does custom sheet metal work out there. I want to flare my bed side 4 to 5 inches. I don't want to use fiberglass bedsides.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by spedy1 on 02/05/03 06:35 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

evan_clanin

Reaction
do a search for flaired bed sides, u mightbe able to find somthing there, or pulled bed sides

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

NEWLINE_k2

Reaction
D.G. metal fabrication in Anaheim right by Robby Gordons shop. 714-666-8803 ask for Donny, he does awesome sheet metal work. Very busy though so you will probably have to leave a message and be patient, tell him Kyle told you to call.

newline-products.com

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
You don't need custom sheet metal work to pull the bedsides. There are many tech articles out there on how to do it if you wanna do it yourself. Try roughrangersoffroad.com therangerstation.com dezertrangers.com - just to name a few. Or, most fab shops will do it for you. Plus it has most likely been talked about on here if you do a search. Steve

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
you can't pull a bed side 4"-5" with out damaging it though.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

In_the_works

Reaction
yea, really not too difficult. I'm sure a fab shop would be able to do a more professional/cleaner job, but all you really need is a hydraulic/bottle jack, sawzall, some self tapping sheet-metal screws and a sheet metal scab or other brace to keep the flare how you want it. Oh, and some 1/2" conduit for the stiffeners. Not more than $10 worth of materials.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Actually if done right you can pull ranger bedside about 4" maybe 5. Tom at SI had his pulled out really far (it's been a while since I saw his truck). His were out like 4 +" and they looked GOOD! When I still had my bed I pulled mine about 3"+ w/o damaging anything. Steve

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I muscled mine out and buckled the dam things...lucky I am not too worried about aesthetics. Rangers are easy to do...Chevy's and most jap are not so easy.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

fathead1

Reaction
I pulled mine on a 94 ranger w/ 33 x 12.50 bfg's, The rear would bottom without hitting the fenders.
I just cut the inside fender wells and unbolted the side supports.
Then just had my buddy pull w/ his hands until they looked right, and measured so the other side would
match. I also used 1/2" EMT for the supports. They looked bitchen and were out atleast 4".
Keep in mind you'll have to extend the gas filler hose, but no big deal.
I also used a sawzall on back of the bed to cut towards the tailgate, just put some duct tape down first
and mark your cut line on the tape. ( the tape keeps the sawzall rest from scratching you paint)

In_the_works

Reaction
Why do people do that? Cut the lower rear corner, I mean. Is it to make it look like they have rear glass? For departure angle?

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

spedy1

Reaction
i don't know if you have a t100 bed. there is only a little more than a foot from the front of the bed to the opening. plus the gas cap is in the stock flare.

hbprnstr

Reaction
Dana Nicholson from fleshgear did his old t100 and it came out pretty nice. He wasnt able to flair them more than an inch or two but he cut the opening larger which made for more clearance and removed the inner lip which allowed the tire to tuck very nicely. some kid has the truck now im not sure im hes on here or not though.

spedy1

Reaction
thanks the problem is my tires stick out around 3" thats why i think i need 4" maybe 5" so my tire can go up past the lip. with my new lower arms i lowered the the lower shock mount 1.5" which is almost 3" at the wheel. so now my tire needs to go up past the lip about 1".

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Here is one of my friends T100's...his were pulled just enough to clear his 35x12.5's

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/t100flex.jpg>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/t100flex.jpg</A>

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
He just cut the little brace on the inside of the fender and pulled them out and then pulled the inside brace out to hit the fender and put it back on....

Go Big Or Go Home

spedy1

Reaction
how many inches do you think he got. i don't think that his tires would hit the top of the fender with leaf springs

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I am not sure but it tucked up in there pretty good.....my other friend Andy at Baja Concepts had a T100 with 35's on it and he had the bedsides that bolted on the stock bed or whatever and his cleared...

Go Big Or Go Home

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I am not sure what you are pulling out but keep in mind of the different bedside construction, some are one piece and others are 3 pieces. Ie my 86 yota has a three piece rear fender, have a little of 40 hours on pulling them and getting them to look right, where as the chevys and rangers and newer yotas it takes like an hour. Has any one else pulled the 86 body style I want to see how else it could be done?

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."