Fiberglass modification/repair in Orange County?

ScottWisdom

Reaction
I need recommendations/referrals for fiberglass modification in Orange County.

I have a porsche 911-style fiberglass shroud for a Type 1 VW motor that needs modification. The shroud was custom built for a narrow motor and I need it widened to fit standard motor.

I'm hoping the cost will be around $100 or less. If it's more than that, then I'll just buy a new replacement. Ugh.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ScottWisdom

Reaction
Thanks, Alex. I realize it might be a stretch, but thought I'd toss it out here since there might be someone that does work on the side.....

baja619

Reaction
Would it not be easier and cheaper to find a stock shroud set up for the standard motor?

ScottWisdom

Reaction
Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a standard 911 shroud for a Type I motor. All the kits use custom-made shrouds mated with either modified porsche fan/alt or completely aftermarket fan/alt. I just learned that my kit is not what I thought it is so I can't simply order a replacement shroud so I need help. I thought it would be a cheap mod under $100, but I'm willing to pay whatever it takes.

Anyone out there that can help modify/widen my fiberglass 911 shroud to fit my Type I motor?

MARXICO

Reaction
Beware ... You Pay Peanuts ... You Get Monkeys....

how much is your motor worth ?