• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fiberglass

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I got a gift certificate for Fabtech and am going to use it on Fiberglass. Does anybody know who makes their glass? Is it good or bad? How's the fit?

Thanks?

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Tony_Barraza

Yo Kritter-

I was under the impression Fabtech 'glass was made by Glassworks in H.B. If that is the case, Great fit, excellent quality.

You might want to call Tim @ Glasswork to confirm - 714.375.5992

Good Luck!

Tony

gary

i got a gift certificate from them too, a couple of years back, and got the front glass for my truck from them. i'm pretty sure it's from hanneman, but it was a couple of years ago.....fits fine, and all that stuff....

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I just called over there and they want 175 a fender! I said to hell with that and will just go directly to Glassworks and get the set for $250. Anybody have any comments on Fabtech flat spare tire carrier or bed supports? I figure I will use the certificate for little things. Let me know.

Thanks, Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

cleartoy

$175 ea is way overpriced.

The flat mounts work ok. Just make sure to lube the threads now and then.

Got Sand??

I had a flat mount for years and liked it because it isn't raised up or too much in the way. I didn't have to take it out when I went riding. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the threaded shaft and put a Master lock through it. I also had nut welded to a plate on the underside of my truck bed. It might come on a plate now but it didn't back then. Also, the bed supports ... I would buy some tabs for welding or other little parts like hood pins for fiberglass or Dzus tabs for future glass if you don't already have them.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
i have all Fabtech glass on my truck, (hood, fenders, bedsides) it is extreamly expensive when compared to glassworks, but it is definatly good quality, seems to be thicker than glassworks, fits great too. As for the flat tire mount, i bought one and riged it on my bed cage and turned it into an angles one. works great, good quality, even has a hole on the bottom of the spinners threading to put a pad-lock on it to keep it safe. anyway, thats my 2 cents...

BUILD IT YOURSELF, BREAK IT YOURSELF, THEN BUILD IT YOURSELF AGAIN - PTD Off-Road Motorsports