• Forum membership has its advantages....

FIGHT AT FORT SAGE 2019 IS ON!!

y2kbaja

VORRA has secured the permits for an all new venue in Northern California. Fight at Fort Sage will take place on November 2, 2019. The race will be on a 12.95 mile course that has NEVER been raced! 3 races will group similar classes for an hour and half plus 1 lap of racing. Be one to say you raced on a new course!
Fort Sage OHV is located 45 miles south of Susanville and 45 miles north of Reno in the high desert of CA/NV.
More information soon at vorraracing.com or Facebook/Twitter at VORRA.

43mod

Need a Sacramento or North race car sheet metal guy at my shop for a day or two and I might make it. I do not have the 3 weeks it would take me to do a rough job of it. Have shear,brake etc etc etc . Just no skill !
Congrats on the new race. We will support one way or another .

GreyMatter

Depending on what you need done I may be able to help, I've never done race car sheet metal fab, but I have done aircraft sheet metal, but I'm also an hour east of Reno and need to get my own truck ready ?

y2kbaja

Blm in full prep mode.
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0843.jpg
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0845.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

Attachments

y2kbaja

It’s gunna be a close one! New motor in and should be fired up tomorrow. Huge thanks to Russ at Fords only and my Dad
You'll be ready, but Russ' truck won't be.

crafty

Now your making me feel guilty. My Dad won’t be there either he has another knee surgery four days before the race

y2kbaja

Don't feel guilty, it didn't sound like he would have it done anyway.

43mod

hope it runs. the last time I ran it (2001/2 ?) was at Las Vegas in an open comp modified race. won the girls race and then started 13th in the A . Needed a 41 lap race not 40. Right front tire at the drivers door at the checkers :( . 8200 chip in it and using it 2x every lap . The really fun part was being the underdog guy w an ugly race car and 1 12 year old pitman . I could not believe how rude people could be while coming over to check out the "dirt track guy" before the race. Slightly different tune when it was clear who had the fastest car. I had some fun telling some "aw shucks" lines after the race. Not as much fun as finishing my first race at Yerrington though,good times.