Fighting Cancer With Tacos At The 1000

Tim_Price

Here's info on the Locos Mocos project to help low-income and orphaned Baja kids hit with cancer. Donate what you can and come eat the best tacos this side of Rancho Inez on race day.

Attachments

BCG1

I'm really looking forward to this.

Let me give you folks a little background... 1993 Baja 1000. Race course crossing at El Chinero. BFG pit. Maybe 10pm but it seemed like 2 am. You know how those Baja nights seem soooo long. Baja Jones and I are there waiting for our race car along with about 300 other chasers, racers and even a few spectators. Light drizzle along with the usual November dezert chill. We look around and are both of us are convinced that every person out there at that point in time would LOVE a fresh, hot taco. Both of us being foodies, we talked about how much fun it would be to do a taco stand right there. You know how those conversations go at that point. That's about the time folks decide about starting a Class 11 team. Or just going out and setting up a pit to fix whoever needs help. You know, Campfire Crazy Talk.

This is going to be a lot of fun and help out a worthy cause. We've all really enjoyed the time we've spent in Baja for so many reasons. The racing, the beaches, the food, the drinks, the list goes on. It has all been made possible by the warmth and generosity of the people of Baja. Now we're going to see if we can't do something to give back just a little.

Just a reminder...Locos Mocos radio freq is 151.775. We don't have a drive through but maybe some call ahead orders? BTW, Weatherman will NOT give doing status on taco orders!

See you at the 1000!!

RocketMan

wish i was going to make the trip,but with the baby on the way ....it aint happnin'!!
this will be an epic pit! I'll see what i can do to help out "The Cause"$$

Waldo

Safehouse
That is an awesome idea. Kudos to LM.

BCG1...'93, that would have been the "Slam Jamm" days?? Good times.

BCG1

Waldo, it would indeed.

As for the hours of operation, we haven't worked out the details on that yet. We're gonna look at last year's time sheets through Borrego, compare course mileage, etc.

BUSBY

Scrambler
Amber Racing Services is going to sponsor $250 to the cause!

Check is already in the mail.

Brian

Rory

Crayola Killer
I suggest every chase team pitting for anyone on HWY 3 MUST STOP for a couple Tacos. You have no excuse since the race course passes Borrego twice and you'll have plenty of down time waiting for your race car. Taco's in Mexico are a tradition, Taco's at this years Baja 1000 is a MUST. Make sure you guys stop by and help make a difference.....and satisfy your Baja 1000 hunger. Kudos to Locos Mocos on a very creative idea for a great cause. I'll make sure my guys stop a couple times while chasing for our race car!

y2kbaja

Steve Sullivan and Rick Massie put up $100 each for the Vorra logo on the taco stand sign. Thanks guys.

y2kbaja

Can someone say radio ahead drive thru service?

arqangel67

My thoughts exactly.;)

mgobaja

what a bitchin idea, if our pit goes well down south of san felipe , we might try to make the jaunt up.

Rory

Crayola Killer
You mean if you're not there all night waiting for Warpy?
Thats just plain mean Naugle, but even with your horrible attitude I will send my pit guys to Borrego for some Taco's!!! :D