Finally a Gate shifter to fit your truck!

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Transwerks in Huntington Beach will be Making gate shifters for the following trucks and all you will have to do is drill a hole in you floor attach the shifter cable braket holder to the transmission and locate and fab up a place for your gate shifter the shifters will come preajusted so you wont have to deal with that, Prices and when they will be done will follow soon but Ford F150's and rangers are coming first for more info contact them at 714-903-8008 here is the list per Transwerks!....Mike

Ford:
E4OD/4R100
AOD/AOED
5R55E
A4LD

Toyota:
Tacomas
Tundras

Chevy/GM
Turbo 400/350
4L60E
4L80E

Dodge:
46RE

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
well the shifters for newer rangers with 5r55e trannys are done and ready to be shipped the cost is $275.00 and that will be the same for all the shifters for all vehicles call Tranwerks at 714-903-8008 ask for Brian and tell him Mike said the shifters are ready....Mike

ALEX

Reaction
Anyone purchased a gate shifter from him recently?
I'm swapping a 4.3 w/ 4L60E into my s10 soon; my current motor is a 2.2 w/ 5speed, so I can't rig it off a column shifter (and i have an aluminum dash already)
Will it work with a stock valve body, and do they make reverse manual valvebodies for the 4L60E? I plan on calling him today.
Thanks,
Alex.

**Edit**
just called: no answer, no message service.... this is an old thread, are they still in business?

ALEX

Reaction
Well, called again 10 minutes later, and they picked up. Answered all my questions too! $250 for a gate shifter, $350 for a manual valve body, installed. I'll probably just run the shifter with the stock valve body for now; eventually I'll swap out for a 700r4, which accepts the same shifter.

tre5

Reaction
I assume you mean HOW?

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
Any pics or is it just like a Art Carr/Winters setup?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Doesn't Art Carr/Winters make a 4 speed shifter?

Stephen

Reaction
Yes, we have them on a 700 and a 4L80 in our own fleet. I get them from CPT instead of Art Carr inc. The Art Carr company rubbed me pretty raw a couple years ago and CPT has been pretty good with us. We have had to modify/tune the 3spd and 4 spd shifters to make them work just right, mostly in adjusting the throw on the transmission arm to make it line up right with the gate.

trfytoy

Reaction
Anyone know of a gate shifter for the Tundra trans? pre 07?

ZJARCHER

Reaction
Also looking for a gate shifter for an 03 Ram 2500 with a Hemi.

45RFE or 545RFE

Zambo

Reaction
Also looking for a gate shifter for an 03 Ram 2500 with a Hemi.

45RFE or 545RFE
We were able to adapt a regular ol' C6 shifter to our 545rfe. Of course, being fully electronic it doesn't actually shift anything but it moves the lever to the right place.

ZJARCHER

Reaction
We were able to adapt a regular ol' C6 shifter to our 545rfe. Of course, being fully electronic it doesn't actually shift anything but it moves the lever to the right place.
Ahhhh awesome!! Thanks a ton John! Were there any major speed bumps in doing it that I should be prepared for? Or any secrets? haha

Thanks again!
Brandon Hunt

Zambo

Reaction
The throw of the shifter was a little long so we had to weld an extension on the shift lever on the transmission to make it a little longer, and we had to file down the edge of one of the gates on the shifter, but it was pretty easy.

Culhane

Reaction
I tried the phone number you posted and it's not a valid number, I am not able to find Transwerks anywhere in a phone listing or on the web. I have a customer that really wants to get a hold of them do you have any other info.
Thanks
Steve