Fiqure 8's

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Fiqure 8\'s

Has any one ever seen one of those fiqure 8 races? I would rather try and cross the 91 fwy than drive one of those things. That is by far the most redneck thing I have seen.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
Re: Fiqure 8\'s

REDNECK.....Back in the old ASCOT days we ran "CHAIN RACES" .....that's 2 cars chained together 20 feet apart running on the figure 8......... with five to 10 "teams" WOW... now I'm really showing my age...looking at the 1st place trophy sitting on my desk as I type this dated 7/26/87.....damb I'm OLD

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

they do that at irwindale but with 3 cars. front is motor/steer middle is dead and rear is brakes.

michael_loomis

Reaction

they do that also at el cajon speedway with 3 cars

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction

Back at Ascot Both cars were runners...what you are describing are'' TRAIN '' races......Oh hell look at me the freaking red neck race expert.......God help me...

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction

redneck racing is awsome i like the races where they are towing the trailers. whom evers trailer looks the best after the race is the winner i think. they do that type of racing usually at all the small tracks. cajon, irwindale and ibelive also the orange show does it.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction

UP here they do what they call boat races where the cars are towing old boats ...sometime with a trailer sometimes without.....pretty funny......OH, then they also run school bus figure 8's ..FREAKS

jeff

Reaction

The Orange Show Speedway ( in San Bernardino, not Costa Mesa!) used to run the figure 8 trains and trailer racing at least twice a year. I go to at least 2 or 3 races at the Speedway every year and was surprised when I found out some of the other RDC crew attended these events too. I was bummed this year when I viewed the schedule and saw nothing but "serious" racing. No demo derby, no figure 8's, no trains, and no trailer racing. If anyone knows of some good ol' fashioned rednecka racing that is happening this summer be sure to post it!

Aloha