Fire Extinguisher

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I need to know if anyone knows where to find ones with metal hold down brackets home depo only sells them with plastic ones, Im build mounts for some road race cars and their class requires a metal bracket(STUPID!!!) if anyone knows I would reall appreciate it, it does have to a large extinguisher either.

Thanks, Mike

Chris

Reaction
Mckenzies (sp?) in anaheim has them. They cost around five to ten bucks depending on the size of the bottle. They're number is (714) 441-1212.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
The extinguishers that NAPA sells come with both (metal and plastic) mounts. Not sure if they sell just the mounting brackets.

firedog

Reaction
You could always look in the yellow pages for a fire extinguisher service company, I'm sure that they would sell you the metal bracket.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I found the double latch metal hangers at a local fire extinguisher company. I bought also hi-quality bottles . In the prerunner, I put a thin layer of dense foam around the bottle which lets the latching mechanism cinch down tighter.

PJCinLV

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Where is a good place to look for a fire extinguisher? On board in the engine compartment type. Halon. My Dad wants to put one in his Mustang and wants to use it for safey, engine fires etc...

Speed Safely

JCA

Reaction
PCI www.andrewsracing.com

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thanks for the link there. That should help out and looks exactly like what I was looking for.....

Speed Safely

vwguy

Reaction
nobody buy the crappy APC dry chemical fire extinguishers you see around for like 50 bucks.
they are selling those illegaly. they are not ul listed and recognized or certified. they put a fake ul number on there to sell them. it is illegal to sell a fire extinguisher unless it is ul certified.
if any of you see them being sold still in any place PM me with where and when.

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it