Fire Guys Racing's transformation from 7s to 7200/Class 6 w/ Camburg Suspension

JasonHutter

Well... There is good news and bad news! Bad news is we broke 5 miles into the Mint 400 blocking a good portion of the course. Ended up getting sideswiped by two cars not creating too much damage. The good news is the new transmission is badass! It shifts awesome and with the new 10” ring and pinion and choosing the gear ratios in the transmission during testing in California on the same whoop section in Johnson Valley that previously took out 3rd gear in the transmission. We went from 63mph to 71mph and still climbing when I let off for a corner! The axle you see there was a 35 spline 300m axle. We are already in the process of double checking to be sure the housing is straight and switching to 40 spline gun drilled 300m axles!

Jason

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg
IMG_7748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

EOR1488

Awww

Offroad racing the great adventure of finding out which one of your parts isn’t good enough!

What’s the next race after this is back together?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

JasonHutter

Driver side is 4.38” shorter than the passenger side. We will be making precise measurements this time to be sure all of the spline on the axle will be engaged in the spool with no over hang. As for our next race. We were going to just do the Mint and the 1000 this year. The 1000 is out now that we are still going through growing pains! We were talking about the SNORE Caliente race, BITD Laughlin, and if it makes it through those we want to do the CODE Mexicali-San Felipe race! We have the new spool and drive plates already so we can get our measurements...

Jason

IMG_7823.jpg

EOR1488

Were gonna Race Caliente if you guys are there come say hi

JasonHutter

I guess I never put up the pictures of the transmission going in with the new Clutchmasters full hydraulic bearing with a spacer behind it that our machinist made! The final product on the cover got painted black.

Jason

IMG_7384.jpg
IMG_7390.jpg
IMG_7419.jpg
IMG_7417.jpg
IMG_7421.jpg

JasonHutter

We don't have the axles yet so we won't have the truck out at Caliente. But, Paul and I have been asked to ride right seat in these two cars!

I'm in this one as well as Kevin Grove one of our co-dogs!
IMG_8095.JPG

Paul is in this one. It's Richard Nowlin's car and our teammate!
IMG_3687.JPG

JasonHutter

JasonHutter

Everything is back together!

JasonHutter

JasonHutter

Our tuner Gabe Salazar recently got his hands on our truck to install a Haltech Elite 2500! Our truck has run strong with the SDS Engine management computer we have had in there but as Gabe says "We are pulling the Atari out and installing the newest X-Box or Playstation in!" This new computer will be able to datalog a ton of information making tuning and diagnostics way easier moving forward. Also, being from Colorado and racing out in Nevada, California, and Baja with most of the businesses out that way who know about what we all actually do in the desert makes for some long trips to get things done! We are able to hook into our truck and have Gabe look at it from anywhere in the world now as long as we have an internet/data connection. On top of the computer we are looking into ways to pull a bit more power out of what is already a pissed off 4cyl!!! Fire Guys Racing have been Toyota fans from way back and the PPI/Ivan Stewart trucks were our inspiration to get to where we are today. We have always liked the "mottos" on Ivan's trucks like "Technology on a Fast Track" and "Our minds are always racing!" The more we spend time with Gabe the more I feel like he was on the PPI team in his last life! He is always thinking of ways to make our truck faster/better! We get texts from him all the time about different ideas and paths we can look at to get a little more out of our truck! If anyone is having trouble with your engine and are looking for help he is the man! Call him at SNP Speed Innovations at (928) 854 1320.