Fire Guys

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Checking on the Fire Guys, I have heard a lot of about the Colorado fire and wanted to say if they are out there fighting it, be safe. My prayers are with all you guys.

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

JasonHutter

Reaction
Thanks John,

We didn't end up going to the Snaking fire. The Snaking fire is closer to what is called the front range. (that is everything on the other side of the Continental Divide) They can pull a lot of firefighters from the Denver and Colorado Springs area. We did get a call though, to see what we had availiable for the just-in-case scenario. For now, they will keep most of us on the west side of the Divide. Our fire danger is just as bad and in some places worse. I just sat in a meeting this morning about this topic, our fire board is leary about sending us out across the nation this year with our fire danger being this bad. I think we got it worked out though. Thanks for the concern! From what I hear, they are getting the upper hand on the fire because of favorable weather. It's raining in the Aspen area today.

Jason

martininsocal

Reaction
hey jason- we actually ahd a request for a strike team to that fire. of course it was raining out here and the plan was for it to rain there before we could drive there!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG