Fire Season

martininsocal

Reaction
Hey Jason and Paul(aka Fireguys Racing)-it has started, you guys be safe, I will see you at the races.

Martin, Del Fuego Racing

If your gonna go, go BIG

JasonHutter

Reaction
It will be a couple weeks before we go out, Paul boke a couple of toes a few weeks ago. When I go out he needs to cover me and when he goes out I cover him. This means he is holding me back because he is still on light duty. We are in Sac right now and both passed the C-PAT test for Sac Metro (yes, Paul passed with his three boken toes! He just didn't tell them he had them) We are flying back to Colorado today and will be at the Wildfire Academy in Alamosa CO, for the rest of the week taking an ignitions operation class. Then back to pick-up the newly painted race truck, we will post pictures when we get them. Good luck and stay safe!

Jason & Paul

Fire Guys Racing

Dave_G

Reaction
Hey Martin,
As long as the fire fighters keep from starting the fires like last friday we should do OK eh?.......I know, cheap shot....just kidding but I couldn't resist. :)

S**t happens!

Best,
Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Ryno

Reaction
Dave-

as a past CDF brush bunnie, I can speak from experience that stuff often goes way worse before it gets better on the fire lines. In my 4 years with CDF, I saw more than 8 trucks get roasted to a well-done, over 20 firefighters get burned, and 3 fall off/ through roofs while trying to save homes. I don't mean to sound like an ass, and [censored] happens, but be thankful your are also in one of the best protected areas in the country as far as fire is concerned. =) Think of it like this...at least the guys and gals got paid well, but slept like crap!! hehehe

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

martininsocal

Reaction
dave- you are absolutely right. i won't sugar coat it, that was just plain wrong. everyone in the field knew that was a bad day to be holding live fire training and they never should have laid down that fire. the class being taught was a firing operations class which is basica;;y a class where people come and learn to use fire against fire...they just ended up getting a lot more hands on than expected. we are waiting to see what the fall out will be. the unit chief has come out early and said he is sorry and CDF will make it right to anyone who lost anything. i wish it weren't true, but sometimes politics plays more into decissions than common sense.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Dave_G

Reaction
Martin,
The bright side to all this is that the area that burned needed it anyway. Also, being an aviation buff, I liked those DC-4's and sky cranes going 500 feet over my house. I love the sound of that heavy iron.
:)

Dave

martininsocal

Reaction
dave- there should have been a few s-2's and a c-130 too. but i could be wrong- fire season has really started early this year with 23 large fires in the west right now. they lost 80 homes in Colorado in the past couple days on the cannon city fire. hey dale h-how is the smoke in your neighborhood?

If your gonna go, go BIG

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: there should have been a few s-2's and a c-130 too.

Yep. But the C-130 turbo props just don't leave an impression like those old radials do. Kind of like the Harley Davidsons of the air! :)

Dave

mustafa

Reaction
I just saw a B-1B leave Long Beach this morning. Full afterburner. Every car alarm in the parking lot was going off. It's been here twice before and he usually heads out
over the ocean comes back about 600 to 700 ft above the deck, rocks his wings and goes damn mear ballistic with it, but this time he didn't return. It's still an impressive
sight.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
But an AC-130 Spectre opening up its arsenal is quite an impressive sight, I'd have to say!!
I used to LOVE live fire combined arms exercises when I was an enlisted man......

-Gabe

ntsqd

Reaction
How's that saying go ? "Real Engines are Round !!"

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages