Fire Suit

California MiniTruck

Reaction
Do you guys think this would "fly" through tech? It's an brand new flight suit that I have from when I was in the Navy. I know that these things are made some what of Nomex (note the 92% Meta-Aramid) but I don't know if that is a high enough percent. Just thought I would ask.

Attachments

• IMG_4461.jpg
    IMG_4461.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 228
Reaction
I believe you need an SFI rating to clear tech, but check with Art.

07FJRog

Reaction
most will prob not take Military suits, mostly because they do not know how to check the rating via the NSN, ( National Stock Number).

Reaction
Federation Internationale de l'Automobile is an auto racing sanctioning group. I'm afraid no one will sign off on your navy duds.

Wilson

Reaction
I asked this question of SCORE tech last year, was told by them that military flight suits met the requirement. SCORE doesn't specify that a particular rating is required, other sanctioning bodies may have different requirements.

We decided that a flight suit didn't offer an adequate level of protection though (only a single layer of Nomex), so we bought Simpson multi-layer driving suits. Don't go cheap on the safety gear!!

Last edited:

California MiniTruck

Reaction
I asked this question of SCORE tech last year, was told by them that military flight suits met the requirement. SCORE doesn't specify that a particular rating is required, other sanctioning bodies may have different requirements.

We decided that a flight suit didn't offer an adequate level of protection though (only a single layer of Nomex), so we bought Simpson multi-layer driving suits. Don't go cheap on the safety gear!!

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Yea it was a new one I had in all my crap from my flight deck gear so I just thought I would try. They are so comfortable I just might wear them when I am just messing around in the desert. Thanks fellas:D

scary fast hummer

Reaction
Awesome! Thanks for the info. Yea it was a new one I had in all my crap from my flight deck gear so I just thought I would try. They are so comfortable I just might wear them when I am just messing around in the desert. Thanks fellas:D

They are great, I use one of mine for messing around the truck (not serious wrenching) in the desert as well. But, when I strap the truck on, its in a race suit. Much better protection.

the chief