Fires

martininsocal

RDC Crypto
Everyone in an area where it can happen, Good luck this weekend. If you remember the Panorama Fire of 1980, the latest fire in Waterman Canyon looks like it could be it. Think smart and be safe!

Martin
off to the fire

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
the dangers and damage asside....
In Huntington Beach today at around 10am it looked like a sunset with the sun in the middle of the sky. Very smoged out. Ashes in the air and on the ground. Looked like doomesday. Beautifull.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

RDC Crypto
Website
www.dmzfab.com
Damn my eyes are burning, flames were only two blocks away..........part of Cal State University is burning............but all is well at my house now........now that the power is back on.......scary stuff man......I was around for the Panorama.........Deja Vu ....

RacerX

RDC Crypto
That fire right that started in Fontana is almost right behind my house in the hills in Upland. The sky to the east is completly orange. I know of some people that are being evacuated in the Racho Cucamonga area. Hope no more homes are lost and no firefighters are either.

jeff

RDC Crypto
Website
www.performancelifts.com
I'm up in Arrowhead and the fire is burning slowly against the wind toward us... if the winds shift the entire Crestling / Arrowhead / Running Springs areas risk going up. Total 100% destruction. I watched flames consume a grove of trees and a 1000' hillside in under three minutes. The fire is less than a mile away and if my math is correct that would mean in theory that a wind shift could very well cause the fire to burn down the very house I'm typing this message... in less than 15 minutes. This is some pretty serious shat. People are evacuating like crazy and in such a panic they've been blocking the roads with crash after crash. The chance for a massive loss of life (property is nothin) is a real threat up here right now. The fire danger is SO bad that SCE has sent memos saying that if the winds pick up again they will shut down ALL POWER to the mountains to prevent falling trees from hitting powerlines and starting the [I have been warned] of all fires. If you were thinking about heading to the Arrowead or BigBear areas forget it.

Any fire fighters have any updates on the possible downed plane / copter? I heard a rumor that a plane and possibly a copter were lost today. I'm not talking about the grounded copter that landed and was burned later.... I've got a couple friends that work on the local heli crew and I can't reach them.......

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/gallery/oldwatermanfire

Aloha

JasonHutter

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey, be safe out there! Firefighters and residents, I have seen some pretty major fire behavior out there when I lived there.

Jason

empire231

RDC Crypto
these fires are getting way outa control; I'm in riverside and the ash is falling everywhere, the sky's look crazy, and it smells like I'm having a bonfire at the beach. they just evacuated my school (cal state san berdu). hope they can get this stuff under control...

good luck to you jeff.

and does anyone know if the cause of all these is arsen? if it is, that is just sad!

SDranger

RDC Crypto
20031025.craig.01.jpg

This pic is from the site jeff posted. It says this is the point of origin, looks like it could be a cigarette out the window kind of deal. Bastards
mad.gif

yotatech

RDC Crypto
I think there all suspected to be arson. Poss the same guy they think. My dad is there right now. He got sent out when it first started then got sent home. Yest he went to work for overtime and as soon as he got there they got sent out on a strike team. Sad to see all those homes burned, hopefully no one is injured or killed.

racer951

RDC Crypto
I heard 1 confirmed arson, and just my guess that it's a serial arson. There's a new one at the 126 and 118 in the moorpark/santa paula area. There was also a very small one near lake cachuma by me a day or two ago but i doubt it was related, not many homes in that forest. There is so much land in so cal right next to homes it's kind of scary to think about how many more spots could be hit.

Rprice

RDC Crypto
I'am in Moorpark right now, Fire just calmed down at about 12:30 a.m. it burned a couple mobile homes and damaged some. they evacuated a bunch of people but noone hurt i think.

Travisfab

RDC Crypto
I have some late breaking news about a fire in San Diego, yes I am up at 5 AM because of it, It is burning along the ridge of El Capitan mountain, not sure which way it is heading but I am within 10 miles of it and the winds are blowing very fast right now!!! The sky is lit up red and I can see flames, its still dark outside but I can see a massive black cloud of smoke that Im sure all of San Diego will be able to see when they wake up.

Travisfab

RDC Crypto
From what I have heard this thing is pretty big, its burning towards the lakeside area, near Barona, all our fire fighters are up north and this is unconfirmed but over a scanner I heard the military may have to help out on this

Dave_G

RDC Crypto
I have spent the entire night on my roof here in the north end of San Bernardino. All of my neighbors houses are gone. Over 40 on my street went up in flames. I refused to evacuate and saved mine along with a few other folks. This is REALLY BAD! The fire trucks didn't even show until everything was burned to the ground. I'm tired as I failed spelling and can't hardly think. If Pat Kapko lives near Cal State I think he is in serious trouble as I write this.
frown.gif

Back to the roof....

Dave

Travisfab

RDC Crypto
A better estimate for me would be 2 miles now! It is getting a little scary we have a sprinkler on our roof right now, from what I have heard this thing is burnig along the 67 hwy as far north as poway road and as far south as eucalyptus hills, there are tons of homes in the area, I am riding my quad up to a ridge every so often watching it move towards us!!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

RDC Crypto
Website
www.dmzfab.com
Thanks for the concern Dave, all is well for now. Cal state is about 3/4 of a mile from me. My fun was yesterday about 1:30. On the roof watering with embers burning my arms and eyes. Fortunately for me but not for many others the fire went east and west of me. House is a mess, covered with ash inside and out. Everything smells like a campfire.

SDranger

RDC Crypto
Damm i just woke up and the SD fire looks pretty big, they said it started in ramona, and theres another one in valley center. Dave, it sounds like you were very lucky. Prerunbronco i hope you guys and everyone else are ok! I think Khris' parents live in ramona, hope they are ok too!

RacerX

RDC Crypto
The fire got within a quarter mile of my house. We had our chainsaw ready to start cutting down trees in our yard. Behind my house there is just the Mt baldy damn. It ripped down the whole face of the damn in seconds. The only thing between my house and the fire was dry brush and a 60ft deep hole the quarry had doug. A couple houses north of me went up. Such a sad day. I watched the news when they were covering the San Bernardino fire and was in shock seeing like 30 homes buring at onece. Good to see Pat K was alright, and hope Dave G was ok.