Firewall ideas for 180 degree headers in my k5

Dezert82k5

Reaction
I know I shouldn’t have but I did it😀 I’ve been going to races for ever and love the sound of those high pitched v8’s. It took a lot of cutting but I got them in and I have to plumb the rest of the exhaust but I need some ideas to cover these up, I was thinking of a removable rv style hump lol I don’t know, any ideas or pics would help thanks guys and any ideas for heat😀 I bought some heat shield panels and some titanium exhaust wrap so that should help and I think it’s far enough away from the windshield where it won’t crack from the heat.
948BCFEC-D6FA-42BA-B7A0-80B9A78E6103.jpeg
67C9E451-F9AA-4E78-A057-25D08B003E05.jpeg
04001E50-890B-4F73-B08D-1E17E4A98F14.jpeg

jon coleman

Reaction
i say leave
it like that
, try ford big truck catalitic converter heat shields, Really good stuff& its big, , build a box lined with it Double walled with a 1 inch air gap& at least 1.5 inch gap to the Wrapped header, & TAKE LOTTS OF PICS!

jon coleman

Reaction
also plumb in a brake duct type set up to the air gap& exhaust out side, also vent interior of boxed off headers with a positve flow of out side air, naca duct Or fan, exit outside too, put in a little door, on top, you can cook pizzas on the way to the desert

Dezert82k5

Reaction
Hahahah I love it, I used to set my frozen breakfast burrito around the headers of my old welding rig and by the time I got to the job it was perfect.
If I went ls I definitely would have done those 8 into 1 headers but these headers where less then 300$ shipped to my front door.

Prerun4fun13

Reaction
Even with wrap and coating i dont think you will keep the heat out of the cab. Maybe with heat shields but i doubt it. I have headers kind of like that and im changing them to either block huggers or mid length headers.
My AC cant keep up with the heat coming into the cab.