firewall

boltonbros

Reaction
I am in the process of building my class 7 ranger and was wondering how far can i move my motor back, or is it worth the trouble. if it is worth it to move it what do i do with the firewall, should i pound it with a sledge hammer or should i cut and patch it. Thanks for any remarks any help is good help.

when in doubt throttle it out

robert_encinas

Reaction
if your buildind a race truck why dont you get a rule book?be a waste of time to build it, enter it and find out it is illegal.do it right the first time.

curt

Reaction
Moving the motor is a great way to get the CG lower and down but it isn't allowed in a bunch of classes. You really do need to get a rule book. I believe most rule books are a variation of the SCORE book so that would be the best one to get as a reference and last time I checked they were only $10-15. Curt

VORRA Class 7

shower

Reaction
For class 7 the motor must be located within +/-1" of the stock location as delivered from the manufacturer. That is measured from the centerline of the front spindle to the back of the block.

singlehanded

Reaction
7open or 7s or both, score or bitd or ?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

boltonbros

Reaction
thanks for everything i am going to leave my motor where it is and just put my fuel cell to the very bake to distribute the weight

when in doubt throttle it out

shower

Reaction
I was reading from my SCORE rulebook. It was the same for 7 open and 7s. I think BITD, and VORRA uses the same rules for the most part.

curt

Reaction
Go easy on moving it to the back, if you go too far it will make the rear end loose and the cell when not full will develop some inertia and make the problem worse. We moved ours to as close behind the rear axle (leave room for your upper link mounts) as we could and lowered it as much as possible for a lower center of gravity and to aid in rear wheel traction. Use the spare tires as weight balances then you can remove one if you need to adjust the weight some. Curt

VORRA Class 7