First Annual Robert Rosas Memorial

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as most of you have heard by now. Recently border patrol officer Robert Rosas was murdered by the border east of Campo. We are having the first annual Robert Rosas Memorial Ride to the Clouds Offroad Poker Run. The cost will be $5.00 per hand & you can buy as many poker hands as you want. All of the monies will go to the Rosas family.
This event will be held Saturday September 5th, 2009. (Labor Day weekend)
we will start @ 8:00 A.M. @ the Sacred Rocks Reserve in Boulevard. (The Hamptons) the first checkpoint where you will receive a playing card is @ the Rosas Monument near the end of Shockey Truck Trail where officer Rosas was killed.
The last checkpoint will be west of Tecate on the highest mountain in the area. This a very scenic place to overlook both sides of the border. This will be around 70 miles round trip & will take 6 - 8 hours. Bring a lunch, snacks, water & the beverage of your choice.
You will need bandannas & goggles because you will get dirty. We will make stops in Smith Canyon & the Tecate Train Tunnel.
We are looking for anyone that wants to donate prizes for this event. It will be a fun ride & for a good cause.

JoeyD23

Reaction
BUMP! This is a tragic event....I wish I could participate but I will be out of town. I feel for this man's family and friends.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Very tragic, do you perhaps have a news link? I didnt hear about this at all.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
It was on America's Most wanted this week. There was a call to the Border Patrol June 19th that there was a group of illegals crossing the border fence near the south end of Shockey Truck Trail, east of Campo. The Border Patrol responded & as they normally do searched the area seperatly. Officer Rosas was jumped, beat severely then shot in the neck & head @ least six times. The murderers quickly slipped back into Mexico. The Border Patrol had intel that said the Drug Cartels would kill an American Law Enforcement officer on American soil to show in retaliation for numerous drug seizures the BP had recently made in the area. The media is saying it was a random group of illegals that stumbled upon officer Rosas & then killed him. I have heard from BP agents & people woirking on the border fence that it was definitely a hit. If you look on MSN or some other news source for June 19th, 2009 hopefully you can find more info.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
There will be free burgers & hotdogs for all participants donated by the El Centro Smart & Final. We are starting to get some prizes donated.

n2baja

Reaction
This is a great thing your doing to help the Rosas family. If you haven't already, you may also want to post information about this on the San Diego Adventure Riders site (dualsport-sd.com)

Best of luck to you with your event and my heartfelt condolences go to the Rosas family.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
There is a group of COs From Calipat & Centinella State Prisons that will be going as well as Border Patrol agents from Imperial Valley & Yuma. We are expecting a big group. If you are coming bring, water, sandwiches , goggles & bandannas because it gets dirty. Just to make things interesting. There may be thunderstorms coming from hurricane Jimena. Mud riding could be fun. There will be hamburgers & hotdogs @ Sacred Rocks after the ride.(free to all attendees) Thanks to all that have donated food for this event as well as prizes & monies to the Rosas family.