First California Race Series to Secure a Dedicated Air Ambulance? - DRIVE

dwasser

RDC Crypto
Website
www.drive-racing.com
First California Race Series to Secure a Dedicated Air Ambulance?

Help DRIVE bring safety at our races to an even higher level while helping you and your family.
DRIVE has teamed up with REACH Air Ambulance to put together a program that would secure an air ambulance for our future races. REACH is willing provide a dedicated air ambulance during our races. In order to make that happen, we need to have at least 1000 folks join the REACH the air ambulance program. They have created a group code on their web site “DRIVE Off Road Racing”. When you select this group code the price for your entire household drops from $50 to $25 for the annual membership. Membership provides no-cost for emergency air transport by REACH, coordination with your health plan for payment, referrals to regional trauma and critical care centers and most important of all—peace of mind.

If you go to the desert anywhere in Imperial County you need to sign up for this service. $25 a year can save you thousands and secure this valuable safety service for our events! It covers you and anyone in your household if you are at a race, testing, out for a camping trip, or just driving through the area. If REACH picks you up in the event of an accident you will have no out of pocket expense. I know of a dirt bike racer that was stuck with a $13K bill earlier this year. His family signed up for REACH after that. Unfortunately he had to take another ride a few weeks ago. They will not receive a bill for the balance that the insurance company won’t pay.

Lets light up the phones and website at REACH and let them know that we appreciate what they are willing to do for our off road community.

We are working a deal to have them start providing a dedicated air ambulance for our race in less than 2 weeks. Lets show them that we want them there.

Make sure to choose the Group Code “DRIVE Off Road Racing” to get the discount and to let them know who referred you.

Advertising supports this site

dwasser

RDC Crypto
Website
www.drive-racing.com
They are working on staffing it for the October 23rd race and they are willing to put it on the ground based on my word. Please sign up and let them know that we want them there.

When you put together our TRISTAR team which includes 4x4 vehicles, an ambulance, and now REACH, I don't know how you could get more coverage.

baja619

RDC Crypto
Website
www.fiberwerx.com
Well that is a heel of a deal!

Thank you so much DRVE for making this arrangement possible
Take a look at the service area and response time.

Reach-R9.jpg

ultrablew

RDC Crypto
This really is a no-brainer for anyone who plays or commutes in the coverage area. The Reach membership does not only cover you at the event, but in your car just driving down the highway as well.
For $25 a year, you get your whole family covered? It is a great program. Thank you to REACH for "Reaching out" to the off road community to help us like this!!!!

BGRANT

RDC Crypto
Wow, that is a great deal. If I still lived in SD, still rode Ocatillo and PC all the time and traveled 78 and S2 to the reiver I would be all over this. Great program.

dwasser

RDC Crypto
Website
www.drive-racing.com
dwasser, please pm me when your accepting pms...currently says your mail box is full.
Gracias !

Send me an email at doug@drive-racing.com. Its better that way. I have too many accounts on different forums and can't always log into them. My emails go straight to my phone.

dnf736

RDC Crypto
After having to pay for a helicopter ride once already $25 is bacically free.

Will this apply to all our D38 friends too?

1BAJA03

RDC Crypto
Mario it covers most of az fyi. Also its covers the D-38 racers also. On the drop down menu please select DRIVE Racing. Thanks everybody.

Bajades

RDC Crypto
Website
www.bajadesigns.com
This sounds like a great service and I am interested in signing up my family, but I don't fully understand this explanation on their web site:

Can I request to be flown by REACH?
No. Transport is arranged only through 911 calls or by a physician’s order. In an emergency, the
911 system will dispatch the next available aircraft to the scene. The choice of which aircraft service
provider to send depends on which is nearest the scene and available to take the call. REACH could
be unavailable if our aircraft is out on another call or out of service due to weather, crew or
maintenance issues. Thus, it is possible that you could be transported by another service which is
not covered by REACH for Life membership.

To me this sounds like you are only covered if Reach happens to be the service that picks you up. What are the odds that Reach will pick you up versus another agency? Can somebody clarify.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
Mario it covers most of az fyi. Also its covers the D-38 racers also. On the drop down menu please select DRIVE Racing. Thanks everybody.

http://www.reachairambulance.com/purpose/images/reach_service_area_map.pdf

Here is their service area map. They do not respond into Az unless requested by an AZ agency. Az has numerous other air providers.

AzBajaman, I beleive your area is typically served by Tri State CareFlight and they are not an affiliate of Reach. http://tristatecareflightems.com/service.php

They are first in for most areas in Arizona.

Dave

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
This sounds like a great service and I am interested in signing up my family, but I don't fully understand this explanation on their web site:

Can I request to be flown by REACH?
No. Transport is arranged only through 911 calls or by a physician’s order. In an emergency, the
911 system will dispatch the next available aircraft to the scene. The choice of which aircraft service
provider to send depends on which is nearest the scene and available to take the call. REACH could
be unavailable if our aircraft is out on another call or out of service due to weather, crew or
maintenance issues. Thus, it is possible that you could be transported by another service which is
not covered by REACH for Life membership.

To me this sounds like you are only covered if Reach happens to be the service that picks you up. What are the odds that Reach will pick you up versus another agency? Can somebody clarify.

My understanding is that you will get Reach Air if you are in their contracted territories. For example El Centro is a home base for them. So if you got hurt in PC or Glamis they would be the first to respond. But if you are in San Diego, Air Life or Mercy Air would be the first two contacted. If both of those two choppers were being used then Reach Air would be called out.

I still think for $25 it's a good deal. Especially if you go out to Plaster City, Glamis or any of the other sand dune locations. Think about how many times we have seen life flight in the dunes? Plus by buying this coverage will also guarantee we will have air medical support at all future Drive races.