First race (thank you MRAN and bushwackers)

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
ok, so i raced this weekend in Panaca, NV. Bushwackers MRAN race.

i had a great time, thanks to everyone that suggested MRAN. it was a TOUGH race. some parts were almost like riding a trials race.
wrecked a few times. almost got decapitated from all of the trees. i had to decide whether i got hit in my hands, or my face with branches for a lot of the race.
I thought i was really nice to the Experts, moving over before they got to me. i thought i wasnt going to finish at many points, but i finished, and i had tons of fun.

One section of the race was named "The devil's backbone", and it was CRAZY. hundreds of feet dropoffs on both sides. only about 5 feet wide to ride on.

Thank you MRAN and Bushwackers, you held a great race, and marked a REALLY REALLY tough race.
I finished 97th overall out of 121
and i finished 8th out of 9 in my class.
20 people didn't finish.

hopefully my next race will be more of a "Desert" race, not really a technical course, because XR400s arent really meant for any of that course.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
congrats on finishing your first race.you`ll only do better with time.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
That is awesome, congrats on finishing!!!

kaw500

Reaction
Your on your way, congrats

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
What matters is that you toughed it out and finished. Congrats to you Robert, you're well on your way towards dezert domination!!!

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
the greatest quote i heard during the race was when my bike fell over with 15 miles to go, and an expert guy was going to help me pick it up, and he said "this race is beatin the (crap) out of me......... well..... ill be right back." haaha. yeah right, i wouldnt come back. so some other novice on a yamaha, helped me pick it back up.

im so glad i finished. im hoping to get into a roll cage soon, or at least a desert race on a dirtbike.

Thanks for supporting me everyone

Attachments

Last edited:

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
i finished 85th overall officially, and still 8th out of 9 in class. those 12 extra spots make me feal so much better. they DNF'd everyone who was supposed to do 2 laps, but only did 1. 73% percent finishing rate.

A helmet cam from someone else of this race in one of the toughest parts.

**** u might want to go 2 minutes into the video if u want to see anything, other than just sitting around.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenaroo

Reaction
great job on the race and getting your first finish

your life is now changed forever

your now officially a desert racer

welcome to the club

may it consume the rest of your life like has all of us

PEST

Reaction
hopefully my next race will be more of a "Desert" race, not really a technical course, because XR400s arent really meant for any of that course.
That's how technical all those MRAN races are, that are held East of Panaca. Hang in there it gets better.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
That's how technical all those MRAN races are, that are held East of Panaca. Hang in there it gets better.
i think my 250F might do better in those races, because it has better bottom end power, and im not going up against the pros in open class.

I want to take my Maxxis desert IT tires and put it on my 250F. lighter and torquier.