First step?

bajaboy

Reaction
Hey Guys,

I'm picking up a stock '92 Toyota 2wd ext. cab this weekend. The truck will be my prerunner for next season so I'm planning on having it done by San Felipe ( March? I think Sal changed it again).

Anyways, What would you guys do first to start off the project????

Should I wait till the Expo ??? there are usually some killer deals on certain items there?! right?

Thanks, Bajaboy

BlueCoyote

Reaction
My suggestion - wait for a few weeks. Make a list of everything you will need. Trust me, the list gets very long. Think everythinbg out before you start buying. The Expo is a great place to get some deals. So is the RDC Classified. If you are not in a hurry, and check the Classifieds you can score some great deals. After November, many teams may be getting rid of used stuff.
Good luck

bajaboy

Reaction
Funny you mention making a list cause I'm doing that right now! The front end is what I'm worried about, thats the most $$$ part, more than the truck. I remember killer deals for seats , but much else at the expo.

Does Total Chaos have a installment plan?? hehehe j/k

Bajaboy

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
first thing id do after making the list of things you want to put on it is buy tubing and build a roll cage. everything else will center off that. safety first!

bajaboy

Reaction
I was thinking about the cab cage first. Then connect everything together (engine cage,hoops,bed cage) once the shocks and travel are determined.

Bajaboy

sirhk100

Reaction
I'm gathering all my parts up first. I'm going to buy EVERYTHING before I even start on it so then it'll just be a puzzle of figuring out how to put everything together. If you can do this it seems to me to be the easiest way cause then you know what you have to work with and can link everything together the first time.

Khris