first?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
yes first...you beat us to the punch.

The Rally section is to allow more Rally talk. We feel Rally is the closest sport next to Desert Racing and Short Course. There are even cross-over drivers, like 3/4 of the AGM team, Brian Degan, Travis Pastrana are some that come to mind. Then the Baja300 Powerdays in Germany will bring some of the fastest Rally drivers out against some fast Desert racers.

Watching all of that we feel it was time for this Rally section.

spalind

Reaction
Well done...Rally America, WRC or whatever didn't belong in either Rally Raid or Pavement and needed its own area...hope it sees some use...

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Thanks Klaus!

cusico

Reaction
Nice to see forum go up. Desert racing/short course and rally is a great mix. I believe offroad guys love rally, just don't
Know where to find builders/proper parts/etc to get involved.

The Baja prepped Subaru will be at the 1000 this year. I will start a thread with build up progress.

tbburg

Reaction
Interesting! And timely too! I got interested in off road/desert racing last year, co-driving(or as we call it, "ballast") for a BITD-7100 Jeep Comanche. I just started trading info on truck setup with a guy on the east coast whose rallying another Comanche (he just started) That got me interested in maybe setting up a Cherokee to run rally here, and now up pops this forum,...

Perfect!

rallyorg

Reaction
Thank you for doing this RDC....I am glad...I feel that rallying and off-road racing DOES have a good cross-over. We have several competitors who do both...but we LIKE to get more off-road racers to do both if they can....there are several rallies that can give off-road racers a challenge.

I am working on a truck class for the Southwest RallyCup Series for 2010. I have got ideas from Rally America and from Eric Burmeister from Max Attack.

We have Desert Storm-Blythe Ca, Plan B-Ridgecrest, Ca , Prescott, Rally Colorado-Steamboat Springs if you can get out to the national event, North Nevada-Fernley, Nv, a new event is getting started this year- Phoenix Rally...plus in December Seed 9 Rally out of Jean, Nevada.

So again: thank you and hope to see more threads on this website.

Denise McMahon
Chairperson - Desert Storm Rally / Plan B
Series Director - Southwest RallyCup Series

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Thanks RDC for the Rally site. I want to try Rally racing again but the Dezert keeps sucking me back.

rallyorg

Reaction
Thanks RDC for the Rally site. I want to try Rally racing again but the Dezert keeps sucking me back.
Well we will just have to suck you over to rallying for just a bit...hahahaha

There is a desert rally just right for trucks...that is Desert Storm. Go to the website and check out the photo section and check out the video from Roddin&Racin and several others to get a feel for the roads...plus Bill Holmes just loves the roads...
in his Bilstein F-150 truck...

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Hi Denise.
I went to a couple rallys and helped at a check point at a Desert Storm rally so i could learne more about rally racing before i went to PIKES PEAK. I had a blast. thank you guys.
Dennis

rallyorg

Reaction
Hi Denise.
I went to a couple rallys and helped at a check point at a Desert Storm rally so i could learne more about rally racing before i went to PIKES PEAK. I had a blast. thank you guys.
Dennis
Great...and hope to see you again at Desert Storm 2010...we have ALOT coming up (in store) for this event...

We like to bring in some trophy trucks (street licensed) and/or pre-runners for a Truck Class to be run in the Southwest RallyCup Series.

Denise McMahon