Fishgistics live Alumicraft AWD Class 1 Friday 2/12/21 3:30 PM PST

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Verizon and Wifi was no good in the shop so we got potato cam for some of it haha. Pretty rad car though im excited to see how it does! James Lin is a badass and he's got some trick stuff going on now days!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Awesome car!
Didn’t Shannon Campbell build a 4wd class 1 car?
was his IFS?
It seems to me that the Lasernut 4400 car could be called a 4wd class 1 car?

NIKAL

Reaction
Verizon and Wifi was no good in the shop so we got potato cam for some of it haha. Pretty rad car though im excited to see how it does! James Lin is a badass and he's got some trick stuff going on now days!
I agree it seems like Lin is doing all kinds of stuff right now. He did the Speed UTV wiring harness and engine management, which from what I hear is pretty advanced for a UTV, with two engine tunes and E85 fuel sensing & programming. It’s funny this Alumicraft & the Speed UTV have allot in common. Both are at the top of the game with 4wd drivetrain designed by Albins, and both have James Lin management.

JBuggy21

Reaction
So why do mason use the offset spindle hubs but this one and the Geiser do not? Is it for ground clearance like on crawlers?

Robert Mason

Reaction
So why do mason use the offset spindle hubs but this one and the Geiser do not? Is it for ground clearance like on crawlers?
There are several reasons we run portals.
-Gets the lower a-arm up to spindle centerline and out of the dirt.
-Able to utilize maximum cv angle at bump and droop to get more wheel travel and steering angle while maintaining ground clearance at bump
-Gear reduction in the portal allows for less torque through the cvs and axles. Also allows us to run a stronger ring and pinion in the front diff (we have never broke a front ring and pinion even after 3000 miles)

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Fact check on aisle 4...not even close to the 1st awd C1. Shannon built a desert only C1 Truggy in 2013(?), I raced the Baja 1000 and Henderson 250 in Class 1 in 2010 (often forgotten that we crushed the Baja 108, but everyone else was racing to La Paz so we didnt get the love lol), and Shannon raced his Ultra4 Car a bunch in 2009/2010. Codys car isnt the only IRS U4/c1 car either.

It might be the first C1 that runs a transaxle, but Rhys Millens AWD car has been around for a few years too with the smaller motor.

Cool car none the less.

9rocky

Reaction
Yes, San Felipe is the planned debut.

Dave, I don't think anyone said this was the first AWD class 1, if it was I apologize. It is Alumicraft's first AWD. Might be the first one with a BBC and 40 inch tires. 590 HP to the ground and 149 mph on the dyno. Still have a few issues to deal with, but this car is insane. We think we have the right idea with this design

9rocky

Reaction
128 inch wheelbase

NIKAL

Reaction
Fact check on aisle 4...not even close to the 1st awd C1. Shannon built a desert only C1 Truggy in 2013(?), I raced the Baja 1000 and Henderson 250 in Class 1 in 2010 (often forgotten that we crushed the Baja 108, but everyone else was racing to La Paz so we didnt get the love lol), and Shannon raced his Ultra4 Car a bunch in 2009/2010. Codys car isnt the only IRS U4/c1 car either.

It might be the first C1 that runs a transaxle, but Rhys Millens AWD car has been around for a few years too with the smaller motor.

Cool car none the less.
Nye Frank built a 4wd class 1 car in 1998 way before the Rock Donkeys did it! It was IRS, with 750hp V8. I think it was early 2000, when Nick Baldwin & Robby Gordon raced and won a Score race in Vegas?

But this new Alumicraft AWD should be bad ass? Look forward to seeing what it can do.