Fishgistics live Alumicraft AWD Class 1 Friday 2/12/21 3:30 PM PST

joshmx88

Reaction
Nye Frank built a 4wd class 1 car in 1998 way before the Rock Donkeys did it! It was IRS, with 750hp V8. I think it was early 2000, when Nick Baldwin & Robby Gordon raced and won a Score race in Vegas?

But this new Alumicraft AWD should be bad ass? Look forward to seeing what it can do.
That car Nye Frank built was amazing too. I thought jerry welchel raced it for a bit too?

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Was the Dale Dondel IRS TT rear engined? It absolutely cleaned out at Laughlin years and years ago. That truck was 4x4 as well correct?

Robert Mason

Reaction
Robert, any idea of the weight gain over a regular type 4X spindle?

I know you run smaller CV's than a non reduction would need so the only thing adding weight are the gears and the case somewhat.
We have never built one without portals so not really sure. With not a lot of sprung weight in the front of a buggy I can see wanting to keep the unsprung weight down as much as possible.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Nye Frank built a 4wd class 1 car in 1998 way before the Rock Donkeys did it! It was IRS, with 750hp V8. I think it was early 2000, when Nick Baldwin & Robby Gordon raced and won a Score race in Vegas?

But this new Alumicraft AWD should be bad ass? Look forward to seeing what it can do.
Yep if ya watch the video I reference the Nye Frank car as one of the first AWD Class 1 cars I know of. it had air shocks too!

9rocky

Reaction
Game changer.jpg