Fishgistics World Trophy Truck Ranking Is Here!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok here is the list that everyone has been waiting for. Here is a video that helps explain how we compiled the data to make this list. Let the butthurt begin!!

Attachments

MTPyle

Reaction
Absolute love this, well done. I am a data guy and like to see results from actual real world data and I think you nailed it. Your right that everyone has their own opinion but you are the one that stepped up and did it, and that is what matters. Ignore the noise and do what you think is right.

Now just do this for TT Spec and all the other classes. LOL

Hopefully I see you in Baja and can buy you a Cerveza.

Mike

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Absolute love this, well done. I am a data guy and like to see results from actual real world data and I think you nailed it. Your right that everyone has their own opinion but you are the one that stepped up and did it, and that is what matters. Ignore the noise and do what you think is right.

Now just do this for TT Spec and all the other classes. LOL

Hopefully I see you in Baja and can buy you a Cerveza.

Mike
Thanks ill be in Baja Thursday and will need a few thats for sure after this!!! And yes other classes may be in the work for the future as things grow.....hahah

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
Interesting. Obviously the weighting of the various factors has a huge result on the rankings.

Out of curiosity, and unrelated to the KOH qualifying list, I'd love to have 10-15 of the top drivers in TT be given a spreadsheet of these 147 drivers to rank them. No data, just opinions and feelings from a top driver's perspective.

Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I look forward to the data being released so we can all assign our own weights and factors and come up with our "optimal" result.

bobylax

Reaction
Maybe a 15 or 20% bonus for drivers who Ironman and finish any 500+ mile race.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Maybe a 15 or 20% bonus for drivers who Ironman and finish any 500+ mile race.
Well pretty much everyone solos the Baja 500 and V2R and I don’t think a single person solos the Baja1K anymore. Haha.

gawdodirt

Reaction
Like to read this stuff. Like already stated, the various data points are all weighted differently. It appears that you're going by entry lists, (?). Because one of the "TT Drivers" has never driven an actual TT, but has been listed as DOR on a few occasions. Another column that would be really interesting would be "Race Miles Driven." But getting that actual data would be really difficult. Great job! Thanks!

Freedogger

Reaction
This is awesome Fish!

It would be interesting to see where everyone stacks up if you only counted their 12 highest point races. There are a lot of people who are seeded higher only because they entered more races (more points towards their total) and not necessarily 100% performance based.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
I'm surprised at the number of races Justin Matney has entered! 23!

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Based on these columns it would seem Josh Daniel would be in the top 5 or 6. Is it because his wins were in races that do not rank as high? Would be cool to see the full criteria. Anyway good stuff, thanks Fish.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Based on these columns it would seem Josh Daniel would be in the top 5 or 6. Is it because his wins were in races that do not rank as high? Would be cool to see the full criteria. Anyway good stuff, thanks Fish.
Yes his total number of races is half that of a lot on the list or close to it. Also like you said his wins were in the smaller races which do not weigh as much in the points. There is no “right” way to make the list. At some point there is a opinion part of it.

After the 1000 I will release the full excel file and people can have fun playing around with it and make races worth different amounts and even make a “If My Aunt had balls she would be my uncle” list and give themself the win every race they were winning till they broke!

mgobaja

Reaction
Well pretty much everyone solos the Baja 500 and V2R and I don’t think a single person solos the Baja1K anymore. Haha.
Ironman - single seat vehicle
Solo - same driver and rider stay in for the duration.

Is anybody even running a TT as a single seater other than Jim Beaver ? He would be the only vehicle that would even qualify for Ironman status if he stayed in for the entire race.

bajataxi

Reaction
Then subtract major points for anomalies that occurred to tracking during races. As if this is possible. Then and only then would we know who are the cream of the crop!

Bricoop

Reaction
Yes his total number of races is half that of a lot on the list or close to it. Also like you said his wins were in the smaller races which do not weigh as much in the points. There is no “right” way to make the list. At some point there is a opinion part of it.

After the 1000 I will release the full excel file and people can have fun playing around with it and make races worth different amounts and even make a “If My Aunt had balls she would be my uncle” list and give themself the win every race they were winning till they broke!
Is this listing final for KOH or will it change with other races? As a data analyst guy, I’m loving this and look forward to seeing the full excel file. Nice work, Fish.

rkracing

Reaction
I would say its mostly accurate. If I would change anything would be to give more credit for wins instead of participation. But cool to see what you came up with.

Jimmy8

Reaction
Nice job Fish. Everyone will have their own way they would tweak the algorithm, but as long as everyone is scored evenly, no one can complain. It's a rolling list, so technically the more you race and finish, the higher you will climb. No one should have a problem with that. Want to be higher? Literally race and finish more often.